Question: Adding rear camera for 2013 Ford Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question: Adding rear camera for 2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Robinwood

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013, Ford Explorer, XLT
The Sync 2 screen on my 2013 Explorer XLT went dead, so I upgraded it to Sync 3 using the Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade kit. The new system works perfect, it supports CarPlay, etc. However, it tries to show the rear camera view when I put the vehicle in R gear. This makes me want to add a rear camera. 2013 Explorer XLT does not natively have a rear camera. How hard is it going to be to add one and make it work with the Sync 3? Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Seeing as how it is already trying to show the camera, you may just need the wiring and camera. Just a guess though.
There are a few threads on it I found using the Search feature in the upper right. Here is one of them.
The camera; Original 2011-2015 Ford Rear Camera EB5Z-19G490-A | Levittown Ford Parts
Levittown is a forum vendor and offers members a discount. If going that route, I would speak with Benny to see if it is doable and what else you may need. Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Peter

Back