• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ordering question

Blue Raptor

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hi to everyone. This is my first post. My wife and i will be ordering a 2013 ford explorer limited next month and i was curious to know when the 2013 order bank will close?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know about the ordering thing but I bought my 2013 back in August. The dealer was able to find one in stock that met my specifications.

Ive been looking for a while in a 500 mile radius and it is very hard to find 301 a pkg with rear bkts and console in deep impact blue.

You have quite a while to place an order, about 5-6 months at least.

Are you having a dealer do the search for you? Because they can search by certain "must haves" and tell you what's available. But, the Impact Blue is not a very common color to stock.

If you are searching online, are you using cars.com? You can set keywords of what you want.

Hi to everyone. This is my first post. My wife and i will be ordering a 2013 ford explorer limited next month and i was curious to know when the 2013 order bank will close?
Welcome to the Forum Blue Raptor.:wavey:
As Riley posted, I think that you likey have about 6 months to order a 2013 model. The 2012 model year was very short so the 2013's were available quite a bit earlier than the normal production turn-over. But what is normal anymore?:D

Peter

Thanks guys. Ive had a dealer search for me and i also search cars.com and autotrader on a daily basis (i use the advance search on each).

Place an order now with your dealer, should arrived in about 5-6 weeks. That way you get exactly what you want and don't have to pay for stuff you don't. Make sure he submits the order as "retail" and a "priority 10" so it gets built as soon as possible.

One thing that makes it easier is if you give him more than one color choice! I gave mine the following: Ruby Red, ingot silver and deep impact blue...I lucked out that a red one (my first choice) was down the road at another dealership.

One thing that makes it easier is if you give him more than one color choice! I gave mine the following: Ruby Red, ingot silver and deep impact blue...I lucked out that a red one (my first choice) was down the road at another dealership.

I agree but the issue he might run into more is the rear buckets and console option. That's the main reason I ordered mine instead of taking one from stock. Seems like that option is not a popular one for dealers to order for the lot.

Place an order now with your dealer, should arrived in about 5-6 weeks. That way you get exactly what you want and don't have to pay for stuff you don't. Make sure he submits the order as "retail" and a "priority 10" so it gets built as soon as possible.
Just keep in mind that the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the hoildays.

Peter

Thanks guys. Ive had a dealer search for me and i also search cars.com and autotrader on a daily basis (i use the advance search on each).

Congrats on your decision to get an Explorer, Blue Raptor! If you end up ordering rather than buying from off the lot, I'm happy to track your order for you. Just send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll get started.

Just keep in mind that the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the hoildays.

Peter

Great information, gang!

Crystal

Back