Ordering an XPlan 2013/2014 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordering an XPlan 2013/2014 Explorer Limited

hambones

Reaction score
City, State
Warner Robins, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Ruby Red Explorer Ltd
Hi,
I am going to be ordering a 2013 (or 2014 if I can) Limited Explorer this week, and I wanted to check on a few things. When I look at the XPlan pricing, I see a few incentives, but those look to only be for selecting from the dealers lot. Are there any incentives that cover ordering a custom Explorer, or can I expect to just pay the XPlan pricing with no additional discounts?
From other threads it looks like the 2014 Explorers are starting to be ordered. I would like to order a 2014, but the XPlan pricing only shows prices for 2013. If I order now, does anyone know if they will give me the same kind of price on a 2014?
Thanks,
Kenny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
I am going to be ordering a 2013 (or 2014 if I can) Limited Explorer this week, pizza I wanted to check on a few things. When I look at the XPlan pricing, I see a few incentives, but those look to only be for selecting from the dealers lot. Are there any incentives that cover ordering a custom Explorer, or can I expect to just pay the XPlan pricing with no additional discounts?
From other threads it looks like the 2014 Explorers are starting to be ordered. I would like to order a 2014, but the XPlan pricing only shows prices for 2013. If I order now, does anyone know if they will give me the same kind of price on a 2014?
Thanks,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375. They will give you details about all of the available incentives in your area. For information on pricing out a 2013 vs. a 2014, I recommend reaching out to your sales rep.

Once you order your vehicle, send me a PM with your order number/dealer name; I'll be happy to give you weekly updates on your Explorer's status!

Crystal

You will receive incentives when you order an X-Plan Explorer. If your dealer participates in Ford's incentive protection program, you will receive either those available when you order or those available at time of delivery, depending on which is better. Last year, Ford was slow to post the X-Plan prices for the 2013 models. However, the X-Plan discounts don't seem to vary much from one year to the next. Your dealer probably has access to the 2014 X-Plan pricing.

The X Plan pricing and 2013 Incentives can be used together. The vehicle does not have to be on the lot. I have used these together on an order out.

I would expect the 2013 Incentives to be greater than the 2014.

Thanks for the info everyone. In anyone's experience, when I go to place the order should I shop around to different dealers or since I am just using XPlan will they all give me the same deal? We have a local dealer close and one in another neighboring city. I would rather take it to my local one if the price quoted won't matter much.

X Plan by design is no dickering. Straight up pricing structure no matter the dealer.

You may be able to beat X Plan pricing but that will requiring shopping around and pitting one dealer against another to achieve the best price.

The X-Plan price won't vary, and the doc fees are capped at $100. However, you will want to shop if you have a trade.

I was able to do better with out using XPLAN saved and extra $700.00. Try doing a deal before telling them you have XPLAN and then if you cant come down your price throw the XPLAN at them

X Plan by design is no dickering. Straight up pricing structure no matter the dealer.

You may be able to beat X Plan pricing but that will requiring shopping around and pitting one dealer against another to achieve the best price.

I just got my pricing on a 2013 Limited and usex X Plan - the price was 100 over invoice.

MSRP:46235
invoice:43602

X Plan: 43702

options are:
Dual Panel moonroof
20inch wheels
Lux Seating
301A
Navi
-----
White Platinum Met tri coat
Medium Stone interior.

Dunno if it helps you. This is before the either 0% or 2k and a 6k tradein.

Since i am making a decent downpayment i am thinking giving up the 0% and taking the 2k. The difference between the interest i'll be paying and the 2k will still keep some money in my pocket - around 1k.

I ordered from XPlan as well. Seems like invoice price on the actual invoice is actually higher than what websites such as edmunds indicate. For an Explorer, the actual invoice price is $273 higher. XPlan is 99.6% of actual invoice plus $275.

I did a lot better with out using x-plan 2014 Explorer Limited MSRP $50665.00 with all rebates got 12.66% off total!! Trade was added later!

I did a lot better with out using x-plan 2014 Explorer Limited MSRP $50665.00 with all rebates got 12.66% off total!! Trade was added later!

Off invoice or off MSRP? Any special membership rebates?

Off invoice or off MSRP? Any special membership rebates?

Off MSRP. No special membership (just a smuck off the street) just hagled down to what I wanted to pay!!
$2000.00 rebate plus a bonus $750.00 coupon

Marc

Off MSRP. No special membership (just a smuck off the street) just hagled down to what I wanted to pay!!
$2000.00 rebate plus a bonus $750.00 coupon

Marc

Not too bad. XPlan plus the $2000 incentive plus a $750 coupon would be about 11% off MSRP.

I got a hair over 3,000 xplan and 2,000 factory when I ordered my 2014 sport

First, I would like to thank those who are responsible for this site because I have found great insight while looking for a new Explorer.

My question on the "X" plan is that I thought it was a discount starting from the invoice price? If I go to the Ford Partner website https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do (You will need your partner code to access site) it shows for an XLT:

MSRP $32,900
X Plan $31,381 (before incentives).

This isn't much of break on price. I guess I am greedy but I thought it was a percentage from the invoice price. Also, I use Edmunds.com to figure invoice price, if there is a better website out there to get these figures please let me know. I am looking to buy:

2014 Explorer XLT
Sunset Orange
Equipment Group 202A
Power Liftgate
20" Wheels

Thank you for your responses

When I used the x plan for my 2014 XLT I did get an extra x plan $600 rebate on top of the $2000 rebate at the time. Here is a good car pricing site: http://www.nada.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back