2013 PI Utility - 2nd Row Seat Folding Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 PI Utility - 2nd Row Seat Folding Problem

ntoda00

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Interceptor Utility
I own a 2013 Police Interceptor Utility and I am having trouble with folding the stock 2nd row 60/40 split bench seats forward. I am able to fold the seats flat, however playing with both the lever and pull strap on either the 60 or 40 side of the second row I can't get the seat to fold forward.

There is a diagram that is molded into the plastic next to the seat fold lever showing the seat folding forward. Also the 2013 Police Modifier Guide references the 2nd row seats to fold forward. The 2013 Police Interceptor Utility Owners Manual doesn't touch this particular topic.

Does anyone have any idea of how to make these seats fold forward. Keep in mind that these 2nd row bench seats are stock "Police Interceptor Utility" seats (with the cloth upgrade), and not your standard civilian model 2nd row bench seats.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry, only the top folds forward, not the bottom seat cushion, its designed that way on purpose.

Ford Police Advisory Board told the engineers to do that.

Back