2013 piu from fire dept rear hvac activate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 piu from fire dept rear hvac activate

Mattloc

Reaction score
City, State
South Pittsburg Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer PIU
Bought a 2013 piu former fire dept unit has original factory console. purchased a radio/hvac dash face that has the rear hvac controls on the bottom that mine were lacking. hooked up the dash face, radio and front hvac function good and the rear lights and buttons function, but no air is blowing through the roof vents. All the fuses and relays are connected in the fuse box for the rear air. Still waiting for the second row hvac console controls to arrive. Will need to pull the console to hook up the 2nd row controls. Do you think this connection will activate the blower motor, or will I have to run Forscan to turn them all on? UPDATE: So, after reading some past posts and looking over my vehicle, I see no evaporator/condensate lines running underneath my vehicle, just emergency/parking brake lines on the drivers side, and from what i can see there is no compressor or blower motor behind the plastic covering on the drivers side or passenger side in the rear cargo dept. What bothers me is there are 2 relay switch's and 3 or 4 fuses installed in the fuse box to control rear hvac. Why would they be there I'm assuming from the factory, when there is no rear hvac system installed? Fuses and relays are expensive and there are plenty of other vacant spots in the box for other different models.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bought a 2013 piu former fire dept unit has original factory console. purchased a radio/hvac dash face that has the rear hvac controls on the bottom that mine were lacking. hooked up the dash face, radio and front hvac function good and the rear lights and buttons function, but no air is blowing through the roof vents. All the fuses and relays are connected in the fuse box for the rear air. Still waiting for the second row hvac console controls to arrive. Will need to pull the console to hook up the 2nd row controls. Do you think this connection will activate the blower motor, or will I have to run Forscan to turn them all on? UPDATE: So, after reading some past posts and looking over my vehicle, I see no evaporator/condensate lines running underneath my vehicle, just emergency/parking brake lines on the drivers side, and from what i can see there is no compressor or blower motor behind the plastic covering on the drivers side or passenger side in the rear cargo dept. What bothers me is there are 2 relay switch's and 3 or 4 fuses installed in the fuse box to control rear hvac. Why would they be there I'm assuming from the factory, when there is no rear hvac system installed? Fuses and relays are expensive and there are plenty of other vacant spots in the box for other different models.

If you did not have rear HVAC controls from the factory then you do not have rear HVAC. All the headliners are the same so it is misleading that there are rear vents. If you are still in doubt you can pop off the LH rear interior quarter trim panel and find out real fast. As far as having the fuses and relays, it is cheaper in a mass production setting to install the same pre-assembled fuse box in every car then have multiple boxes to match each option.

If you did not have rear HVAC controls from the factory then you do not have rear HVAC. All the headliners are the same so it is misleading that there are rear vents. If you are still in doubt you can pop off the LH rear interior quarter trim panel and find out real fast. As far as having the fuses and relays, it is cheaper in a mass production setting to install the same pre-assembled fuse box in every car then have multiple boxes to match each option.
Yes sir, I took that cover off and there is no blower motor or compressor or evaporator to be found. It's OK tho, the only person that's going to ride back there is my GSD, we'll just direct the front vents for him.

Yes sir, I took that cover off and there is no blower motor or compressor or evaporator to be found. It's OK tho, the only person that's going to ride back there is my GSD, we'll just direct the front vents for him.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

"GSD" :dunno:

Peter

Back