2013 Radio skips | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Radio skips

Soonerldy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford Explorer XLT
My radio has been randomly skipping channels as I drive. It's really annoying and I'm hoping someone on here knows how to fix it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Does this happen on all bands, AM/FM, Sirius? I don't recall anyone else posting about this specific issue. I have at times found my radio tuned to a programmed AM station on startup when it was on Sirius when the vehicle was turned off but this never occurred while driving. Have you made sure that the 'Seek' button is not sticking? Did this issue just start happening? I don't know if this could be caused by a bad or failing ACM (Audio Control Module).

Peter

My radio has been randomly skipping channels as I drive. It's really annoying and I'm hoping someone on here knows how to fix it.
Did you ever figure this out? My 2014 Sport skips/changes to the next source all the time. It might be related to bumps??? If I am on FM3 it moves to Sirus 1??

Did you ever figure this out? My 2014 Sport skips/changes to the next source all the time. It might be related to bumps??? If I am on FM3 it moves to Sirus 1??
FYI, that was the member's one and only post, July 3, 2018. Perhaps another member has something to add.

Peter

Had that on a crapsler product I owned. I had to change out the steering wheel controls on the back side of the wheel (yes they put the radio controls on the backside of the wheel) because they were worn & sticking. Maybe thats your issue, maybe not but its a place to start.

I started having the same issue. Turns out the tune/skip button in the center of the volume wheel is faulty. I popped it out and disconnected it and it's not skipping anymore. I'm gonna try and clean the contacts and see if that helps.

I started having the same issue. Turns out the tune/skip button in the center of the volume wheel is faulty. I popped it out and disconnected it and it's not skipping anymore. I'm gonna try and clean the contacts and see if that helps.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Please let us know if that works. Thanks.

Peter

I am going to give that a try! Did that center button come out without removing the whole face plate and trim?

I am going to give that a try! Did that center button come out without removing the whole face plate and trim?
Yes. I slipped a knife around the edge and it popped out. Don't yank it out all the way, there is a small connector that you need to disconnect. After I disconnected it the skipping immediately stopped.

Back