SiriusXM radio skips over several channels | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM radio skips over several channels

B.Ware1947

Reaction score
City, State
New Bern, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer
Have a 2008 Explorer with factory-installed CD player/AM-FM-Sat radio. When I first bought the car new, I paid for a one-year subscription to Sirius radio... during that year, everything worked fine. I let the subscription lapse after the year. Recently, I re-activated the subscription; after the activation, I cannot tune to all the channels. For example, I can tune to channels 002 and 003, but then the radio "skips" to channel 007. I have had Sirius "refresh" the activation three times now, but to no avail--the radio still skips over some channels. Sirius techs say the problem has to be with the radio... anyone have the same problems/know of a fix?? Thanks.

Log into your account on the Sirius site and you can verify what channels your package is showing. The account has a list of everything you should be getting and you can remove the channels you don't want to hear, ie: the Spanish ones and the sports you don't really want to hear about; tennis and hockey for example.

I ordered Sirius for the Murano and switched it to my Sport Trac later and found that somewhere along the line my customized choices had mysteriously changed. The Sirius tech said it was my radio as well. Hope this helps you.

Back