• Register Today It's free!

2013 Sport

SMaruk

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport.
Finally got home from the desert and went straight to the dealer and got my new Sport. After all the paperwork and BS, I got to drive it. I love it. lots of jam thats for sure. Everyone must be getting theirs as well cause there are sure a lot more posts on them this week.
Ok so, looking through the posts for other explorer versions, I am curious to know if any of us Sport owners have saw any of the big issues that others were having. "The exaust smell" when hard throttle? and any other issues.
I only have 200km on mine so far and have for sure tested out the throttle a little. No issues of anykind detected so far...:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got home from the desert and went straight to the dealer and got my new Sport. After all the paperwork and BS, I got to drive it. I love it. lots of jam thats for sure. Everyone must be getting theirs as well cause there are sure a lot more posts on them this week.
Ok so, looking through the posts for other explorer versions, I am curious to know if any of us Sport owners have saw any of the big issues that others were having. "The exaust smell" when hard throttle? and any other issues.
I only have 200km on mine so far and have for sure tested out the throttle a little. No issues of anykind detected so far...:)
Welcome home SMaruk.:salute:
The only other issue that comes to mind is that some of the 2013 owners have complained about is a noisy fan behind that small grill in the dash. The fan draws in the cabin air to measure the temperature. There are posts in the following thread.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373859

Peter

Congratulations on getting the new ride! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself; the Sport is a beauty. As I'm sure you already know, these forums are a great resource for getting assistance and reading about other people's experiences. If you need any additional help, you can always reach out to me via PM or give Ford Canada a call at 1-800-565-3673.

Now get out there and enjoy yourself! ;)
Crystal

Thanks

I'm loving this machine! Handles very well in the snow we got.

Two More Days

Picking up my new Sport Wed morning!!

I'm loving this machine! Handles very well in the snow we got.

Sweet, SMaruk! Sounds like you're having some great times already.

Picking up my new Sport Wed morning!!

Your countdown clock is almost to zero, SHOSUV! Be sure to post some pictures so we can all drool over your new ride. ;)

Crystal

Back