2014 Explorer Limited Order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Explorer Limited Order

DocGray2001

Reaction score
City, State
Bluff City TN
Hello everyone
So, my wife and I finally took the plunge and ordered our new 2014 Limited on Saturday. Darkside Metallic with Light Stone interior, 302A package with trailer hitch, moon roof, ACC, dual buckets in the second row. So anybody have any idea if the recalls announced today regarding the fuel leaks will affect the production/arrival of our new ride? Dealer says he expects 4-6 weeks for delivery. We didn't get an order number on Saturday but, assuming I can get that, can I track production status on here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Exciting, isn't it?!! You can PM Cory or Crystal on here for updates...I believe they just need your order #, dealer name to get started. :). Not sure about any delays in production due to the recall....maybe someone else will have more info...

DocGray2001,

I just ask for my Order Number for my 2014 LTD Explorer and my salesman gave it to me. He also told me that our order was "clean". "Clean" means the factory has no issues with the options we want in the Explorer. Salesman said production should start mid month. Hopefully we will get our VIN Number soon.

We put the deposit down on 5/15/13, order considered clean on 5/24/13, that is where we are in the process...

Good Luck with everything!

...So, my wife and I finally took the plunge and ordered our new 2014 Limited on Saturday...We didn't get an order number on Saturday but, assuming I can get that, can I track production status on here?
Exciting, isn't it?!! You can PM Cory or Crystal on here for updates...I believe they just need your order #, dealer name to get started. :)...
DocGray2001,

I’m happy to keep tabs on your order status, like Fordgrl99 said (thanks for the shout-out!). Please send me a PM with your dealer code/dealer details and order number. :D

...I just ask for my Order Number for my 2014 LTD Explorer and my salesman gave it to me. He also told me that our order was "clean". "Clean" means the factory has no issues with the options we want in the Explorer...
Great tips, NULMTEC; thanks for helping out!

Cory

I have my VIN number n a Est. start build day of July 8th.

Thanks NULMTEC. We got our VIN also and a similar build date around 1st week of July.

I can see my window sticker and heard that we are in production.

So where did you go to check out the window sticker NULMTEC? I tried the links given at the top of this thread but couldn't get either to work

DocGray2001,
Try to use this one: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin= . <-- Copy that onto a new page w/your VIN NUMBER. I was able to see my window sticker with this link. If that does not work, try the other link on the " find you window sticker thread". If that does not work, follow up with Cory/Crystal and see if they can tell you something. Good Hope for You!

So where did you go to check out the window sticker NULMTEC? I tried the links given at the top of this thread but couldn't get either to work
...Try to use this one: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin= . <-- Copy that onto a new page w/your VIN NUMBER...If that does not work, follow up with Cory/Crystal and see if they can tell you something...
DocGray2001,

I shot you a quick update on your order along with your exact window sticker link (thanks for helping, NULMTEC!). Check your inbox for the details! :D

Cory

Out of production and now waiting for transportation.....

I will be excited when they call and say....COME PICK UP YOUR SUV! I am ready for the waiting period to be over... We will be getting our vehicles soon...Glad to hear it for you!

We are in a similar situation. We ordered our 2014 Explorer Limited around 5/15/13 and are not so patiently waiting. Dealer has had 3 different dates for delivery, all progressively later. I sent a PM to Fordservice today after I finally got the order number from the dealership. Hopefully we will get answers soon! We have a trip planned for the last couple days of July through the first weekend in Aug, and we were really hoping to use the new Explorer.

Well I hope NEWTOFORDEX, you get your vehicle soon.

We have our vehicle in our possession. Picked it up yesterday. Internet sales guy that we have been dealing told us it was still waiting for transportation on Wed. . Then our sales guy told us that it was here on Thursday. So we have her now. All is good.

Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP Ford Team!!!!

We are in a similar situation. We ordered our 2014 Explorer Limited around 5/15/13 and are not so patiently waiting. Dealer has had 3 different dates for delivery, all progressively later. I sent a PM to Fordservice today after I finally got the order number from the dealership...

Hi newtofordex,

I responded to your PM. Let me know when you're ready for another update. :)

...Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP Ford Team!!!!

You're very welcome, NULMTEC!

Crystal

Crystal, thanks for the update! I talked to the dealership yesterday and they were surprised I knew when it was coming. Supposed to be here tomorrow!

Crystal, thanks for the update! I talked to the dealership yesterday and they were surprised I knew when it was coming. Supposed to be here tomorrow!

You're very welcome, newtofordex! Be sure to share some pictures when you bring home your new Explorer. :)

Crystal

Back