• Register Today It's free!

2014 Ingot Silver Sport ordered

Coolwind

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
After several test drives and lots of reading of these forums, I placed an order on Feb 23 for a 2014 Explorer Sport. It's in Ingot Silver with the two-tone leather, towing, dual moonroof, NAV and BLIS options.

So excited, but the wait is gonna be rough! :eek:

What are people seeing as estimated build times these days? My dealer has fluctuated a bit, but tells me he's being conservative in estimating a May delivery...

Is there a point at which I should be able to check status of the build without having to call the sales person every week? If so, how does one do that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered 1/20 and my Sport was built on 2/23. Hoping for 3/6 delivery.

Do you have an order number? If so just personal message Crystal (Ford Customer Service) from this forum. You give her your build number and dealership and she'll hook you up with updates.

Sit tight and enjoy the wait, lol.

I just received delivery on Feb. 30 of my new 2014 Explorer Sport Ingot silver identical to your order spec. (I was able to see my window sticker Jan. 30)
My order was placed Dec. 11 2013, so my wait was (79) days.

How come you guys didn't want to wait for 2015 Order Guide?

Order Bank opening for 2015 is only a few weeks away.

I guess with Job1 being summer time that is a bit more of a wait.

http://www.bblfleet.com/fleetdocs/ford_buildout.pdf

I didn't know the 2015 would be out so soon! :eek: I guess I figured February would be early enough in the year that the 2014 model year would still have some life left. ;) Also, if the 2015 doesn't start building until June, I'd prefer not to have to wait until late June or July to take delivery.

Having said that, I sure hope they don't announce a whole bunch of changes that make me regret having ordered a 2014!

I didn't know the 2015 would be out so soon! :eek: I guess I figured February would be early enough in the year that the 2014 model year would still have some life left. ;) Also, if the 2015 doesn't start building until June, I'd prefer not to have to wait until late June or July to take delivery.

Having said that, I sure hope they don't announce a whole bunch of changes that make me regret having ordered a 2014!

Same here - mine arrvies on Monday or Tuesday.

...Is there a point at which I should be able to check status of the build without having to call the sales person every week? If so, how does one do that?

Congrats on ordering, Coolwind! As others have mentioned, I'll be happy to keep you posted on your Explorer's status. Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll do the rest. :thumbsup:

Crystal

After several test drives and lots of reading of these forums, I placed an order on Feb 23 for a 2014 Explorer Sport. It's in Ingot Silver with the two-tone leather, towing, dual moonroof, NAV and BLIS options.

So excited, but the wait is gonna be rough! :eek:

What are people seeing as estimated build times these days? My dealer has fluctuated a bit, but tells me he's being conservative in estimating a May delivery...

Is there a point at which I should be able to check status of the build without having to call the sales person every week? If so, how does one do that?

Cool wind, I took delivery of mine in November '13. I'm having a blast slowing down other drivers on the highway in both directions...many troopers now have silver sports and mine looks like a twin to theirs...enjoy... the torque is incredible and my mileage is up to 21.2 now since new and I have 6k+ showing now. Most troopers just flash the V sign or wave out of respect I think.

Congrats on ordering, Coolwind! As others have mentioned, I'll be happy to keep you posted on your Explorer's status. Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll do the rest. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I PM'd you with a request to lookup the build date by VIN for two new 2014 Explorer's that I am looking at. Can you let me know today?
Thanks

Hi Crystal,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I PM'd you with a request to lookup the build date by VIN for two new 2014 Explorer's that I am looking at. Can you let me know today?
Thanks

You've got a message waiting for you in your inbox, skygeezer! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thanks Crystal,

I sent one more VIN to you, if you can check this today.

Thank you

Hi Crystal,

I sent you a PM if you can help me with some more info.

Thanks

Just took delivery yesterday! I am a very happy camper! (Or should I say happy explorer?)

Cool wind, I took delivery of mine in November '13. I'm having a blast slowing down other drivers on the highway in both directions...many troopers now have silver sports and mine looks like a twin to theirs...enjoy... the torque is incredible and my mileage is up to 21.2 now since new and I have 6k+ showing now. Most troopers just flash the V sign or wave out of respect I think.

Santagary, that's a great tip about the state troopers - can't wait to see it in action!

By the way, Crystal was fantastic in providing me with updates - she's a real asset to this forum!

I'd post pics, but it's nasty raining outside now (typical Oregon spring day), but will try to get some up here when the sun comes out. Meanwhile, since my explorer looks identical to Justin's, I'll just link his BEAUTIFUL pics here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404357&page=2http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404357&page=2

Will this urge to go for a drive every 5 minutes ever subside? I hope not... LOVE this vehicle!

See you all later... gotta update my profile then go for a drive ;-)

Lease for a year or two...then take advantage of '15's or 16's improvements.

Back