2014 Trip Enhanced View | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2014 Trip Enhanced View

ajbtv

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ltd & XLT
The manual says you can choose between standard or enhanced view on Trip 1 or Trip 2. It doesn't say how to do it. I've been through all the settings and tried a google suggestion of just pressing the right arrow. I can't get enhanced view to work. Any suggestions or verification that I didn't miss something would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The manual says you can choose between standard or enhanced view on Trip 1 or Trip 2. It doesn't say how to do it. I've been through all the settings and tried a google suggestion of just pressing the right arrow. I can't get enhanced view to work. Any suggestions or verification that I didn't miss something would be great!
Welcome to the Forum ajbtv.:wavey:
It would be very helpful if you updated your profile with the model and year of your Explorer so that it will show under your name in the left margin. Not all models are the same in some cases.
I'll have to check and see what the problem may be as I have a 2011 Limited.
Okay, if you are trying to do it in the Trip1/Trip 2 setting you are in the wrong place.
In the left display go to Settings. Right arrow to Vehicle Settings, again to Display and again to Trip Display. Right arrow again and then it show the 2 options.
Settings/Vehicle Settings/Display/Trip Display/Standard or Enhanced
Hope that works the same in the 2014.

Peter

This is all done with the left hand side LCD Screen. Settings, vehicle settings, enhanced trip.

Ajbtv, 5 easy steps, all with the driver's side LCD screen:

Settings
Vehicle settings
Display
Trip Display
Select "Enhanced"

Enhanced Display

I think we've pretty well covered it all now Bill. :D:thumbsup:

Peter

My left hand display on the 2014 Limited or XLT do not have any settings for Trip Settings.

Display Settings is just:
Distance
Gauge settings
Language
Temperature

Settings
Vehicle
Does not have Trip either.

Settings is just:
Vehicle
My key
Display settings

My left hand display on the 2014 Limited or XLT do not have any settings for Trip Settings.

Display Settings is just:
Distance
Gauge settings
Language
Temperature

Settings
Vehicle
Does not have Trip either.

Settings is just:
Vehicle
My key
Display settings
Thanks for updating your profile. A Limited and XLT! That must have been some shopping trip.;)
Looking at online 2014 Owner's Guide, it appears that Ford has made some changes to the left screen menu. The 2013 Guide seems to be the same as 2014.
According to your Guide, you show have the following;
Main menu
From the main menu bar on the left side of the information display, you
can choose from the following categories:

• Display Mode
• Trip 1 & 2
• Fuel Economy
• Driver Assist
• Settings
Are you starting from the Main Menu?

It would seem that all you have to do is from the Main Menu in the left screen is select Trip 1 & 2, press OK and then select Standard or Enhanced. Seems straight forward, if it works.
The Enhanced display on mine shows; Total Distance, Average Fuel Economy, Estimated Fuel Consumed and Elapsed trip time.
The Standard display shows only Trip Distance and Elapsed Trip Time.
Is the Standard Display the same as what yours is showing?

Peter

My trips show

Miles
MPG
Elapsed time

The book says enhanced mode will add consumed fuel which is what I was hoping for on that display.

My trips show

Miles
MPG
Elapsed time

The book says enhanced mode will add consumed fuel which is what I was hoping for on that display.
Perhaps we are not interpreting this correctly. Maybe another 2014 owner will jump in here and help out.
:help:

Peter

The "Trip 1 & 2" actually take you to the trip display screens, no selections, just display of Trip 1, down or up gets you to Trip 2. Right arrow disabled while trip display shows.

They were both builds so it was quite a wait.

Thanks for your help, but you are correct there were several changes from the 2011 model, as my parents have one of those.

I have the 2014 Sport and I'm seeing the same thing. I don't see a specific option for an enhanced mode either. For earlier models with enhanced mode what additional options are there?

I have the 2014 Sport and I'm seeing the same thing. I don't see a specific option for an enhanced mode either. For earlier models with enhanced mode what additional options are there?
See my post #7 for that info.
What does yours display in Standard?

Peter

Since this seems to be so confusing for everyone I went ahead and made a video of enabling the feature on my 2013 Sport... I'm interested in seeing a video w/ the 2014 menu options if they did indeed change.

From the Manual page 128 (http://db.tt/YWCjWvvO):

Trip 1 & 2
Choose between the standard or enhanced trip display. (How? see video below)

Trip 1 & 2

Trip distance
Average fuel economy
Elapsed trip time

Hold OK to Reset

Estimated amount of fuel consumed (This is what I'm looking for)
Total odometer (lower left corner)

Press and hold OK to reset the currently displayed trip information

7kjvbafcBURNMWRmcr8zdJtSHh9WU3891T3L2P-UUuA

Wow.. do you even have the same version of MFT as us? Your menu looks completely different, it doesn't even have the icons on the left like the 2013. On the syncmyride.com (support.ford.com) what version of MFT does it say you have? I wonder if you already have the new 3.6 update.

Wow.. do you even have the same version of MFT as us? Your menu looks completely different, it doesn't even have the icons on the left like the 2013. On the syncmyride.com (support.ford.com) what version of MFT does it say you have? I wonder if you already have the new 3.6 update.
It's a 2014. The info in the Owner's Guide is different and so is the setup. It doesn't appear as though you can display the consumed fuel as it does on ours.
Although I'm not positive, I don't think the MFT updates affect the right and left displays.

Peter

It's a 2014. The info in the Owner's Guide is different and so is the setup. It doesn't appear as though you can display the consumed fuel as it does on ours.
Although I'm not positive, I don't think the MFT updates affect the right and left displays.

Peter

If you look at the manual, it states I should be able to get that line item. Look at the hotlink in my previous message as well as my text printout.

I'll wait for the ford technical staff response.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you look at the manual, it states I should be able to get that line item. Look at the hotlink in my previous message as well as my text printout.

I'll wait for the ford technical staff response.
I read that part and that is when I stated that perhaps we are misinterpreting what it means.
I will be interesting to see what, if anything, you receive back as an answer from Ford.

Peter

Back