2015 Explorer Sport Tuning Options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport Tuning Options

roz0

Reaction score
City, State
Manalapan, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer st
Going to grab a 2015 Explorer Sport...

What are the best tuning options available for performance? What gains can be expected?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The two most common I've heard of are Unleashed Tuning and Livernois. Sounds like in general you could expect an extra 40 HP or so. There are plenty of threads out there debating which is better. It basically boils down to a personal choice in my opinion.

Welcome to the Forum roz0.:wavey:
I'm moving your thread to the 'Modified' sub forum. Lots of info on tunes here.

Peter

Funny thing Roz0, I joined this forum a year ago next month when I was going to pick up my 2014 Explorer Sport and I wanted to know the same thing:D Want an extra 100 HP? It's not hard but it will cost a few bucks. Probably between $2500-$3000.

I came from a 2013 SHO that I had a CAI and Livernois 93 Octane since 500 miles and turned the car in at 28k. Anthony switched vehicle support for me no charge and I loaded 93 Octane Performance/ 93 Tow, 91 Octane Performance/91 Tow with 100 miles on the Sport. I just received my Thermostat and 3 bar map sensor. I am installing them next week along with the tunes. I could not imagine driving the X Sport without a tune. Stock is a dog, unlike the SHO it was pretty decent stock. The Sport wakes right up and turn off traction control you will be spinning wheels. I like how the tune prevents auto shifting in manual mode. On the SHOs they would autoshift even in manual mode, and often I would get a 1-3rd shift. It was so bad I stopped using the paddles. Not now, this Sport kicks ass. I can't wait to see the tunes with 3bar.

Back