SCT Tuning Options | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT Tuning Options

I understand refresh rate. I am saying that the problem will not be missed in the log because it is still present at the time the logger refreshes. To be missed, the problem would have to only occur in between the 200ms refresh and correct itself every time it refreshed.

Are these real numbers that you quoted? Do you know what the refresh rate is of the SCT X4 and the actual speed of the EB computers? 200ms is still 5 reads per second. That log would show a tiny increment in rpm between points.

I sure wish 16 Sport figured out his issue. It really makes me nervous to tune the Ex. It was only with a more aggressive 3 bar tune that his issue showed up, right? I wonder if he tried multiple 3-bars? If it read low boost then it wouldn't have fueled it properly. Sorry, thinking out loud again...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you have yet again misread my post. I never said that it was fixed, "...hence, the Taurus SHO...."

The 200ms refers not to a miss, but to the refresh rate at which your logging tool is capable of reading.

Livernois feels that it is unnecessary to log as you are unable to do so accurately. You are logging a conversion at a rate that is incongruent with what is actually happening.

We do not attempt to cater to everyone, and if you would prefer another vendor to us that is totally fine. We hope that you get everything that you are in search of. If someone were to want to tune, add parts to or set a record with a vehicle that no other vendor can work with we will welcome them with open arms.`

The way I interpret this quote is that it was a mechanical issue that was fixed.

However, since you mentioned us, there was a mechanical issue that was exacerbated by the more powerful tuning that was introduced in the vehicle you mentioned. Since then, the issue was fixed and the client has moved on from that vehicle and purchased a Taurus SHO that is currently sporting our tuning and mods!

Exactly!

The vehicle was returned to stock, disposed of and replaced by a Taurus SHO. Problem fixed.

....And I got a number of its LMS parts...Before you ask, these parts are not relevant to any issues it has experienced.

The vehicle was returned to stock, disposed of and replaced by a Taurus SHO. Problem fixed.
Wow, how ridiculous...He still owns it by the way. It is his girlfriend's daily driver.

Since the actual problem with the vehicle wasn't fixed, your statement should have said:

However, since you mentioned us, there was a mechanical issue that was exacerbated by the more powerful tuning that was introduced in the vehicle you mentioned. Since then, the issue was "fixed" when the client moved on from that vehicle and purchased a Taurus SHO that is currently sporting our tuning and mods!

That would have at least eliminated the multiple requests to understand how the issue was actually fixed on the vehicle.

Back