2016 / 17 Remote Start Drive Off | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 / 17 Remote Start Drive Off

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried mine over the weekend.

I remote started it and got in.
The screen on the dash says to push the brake and push the start button.

If I just push the start button, the vehicle stays running and all the accessories come on and the vehicle is still running. Message on the screen changes to accessories mode, please push brake and push start button to drive.

Tried mine over the weekend.

I remote started it and got in.
The screen on the dash says to push the brake and push the start button.

If I just push the start button, the vehicle stays running and all the accessories come on and the vehicle is still running. Message on the screen changes to accessories mode, please push brake and push start button to drive.
While your vehicle is still running, your shifter is probably locked out like mine was.

Peter

16s are totally different than 11-15s...16s don't even have an accessory mode.

16s are totally different than 11-15s...16s don't even have an accessory mode.
The Manual states 2 instances where it says the vehicle must be ON or in Accessory Mode. The Manual also shows an Accessory Mode position on the keyed start Explorer.
Your quoted statement only applies to those with 'Push Button Start'. The 2016 with 'Keyed Start' still has the accessory mode.

Peter

The days of one press and two presses are gone.

One Press = Everything On
One Press + Brake Pedal = Vehicle Running

If the vehicle is off and you want to turn just the radio on, you press the radio power button and the radio stays on for a while then auto shuts off.

The days of one press and two presses are gone.

One Press = Everything On
One Press + Brake Pedal = Vehicle Running

If the vehicle is off and you want to turn just the radio on, you press the radio power button and the radio stays on for a while then auto shuts off.

The way it should be IMO.

Now what's the best configuration once the Drive-in season starts?. How do we prevent lighting up the entire Drive-in when exiting?.

The way it should be IMO.

Now what's the best configuration once the Drive-in season starts?. How do we prevent lighting up the entire Drive-in when exiting?.
Can't you turn the light switch to just parking lights? You will still have the DRL on as will every other modern day vehicle. No way to turn them off.

Peter

so I tired a couple of things this weekend in the drive way.

1) remote start - get in - press start button. car is ON, and stays ON and is ready to drive. you still have to press the brake to release the gear lever.

2) remote start - get in - press brake and start button. Same as above, but with your foot on the brake already the gear lever is released.

NOTE: as mentioned before the LH screen (for those with a LH screen) does indeed say - to drive press brake and start button.

3) no remote start - get in - press start button. Car is in accessory mode, engine doesn't start. Interior lit up, radio on, blower fan started. Engine still off.

4) no remote start - get in - press brake and start button. Car on, engine running, accessories and interior lights on just like normal.

I believe the book needs a subtle re-write.

so I tired a couple of things this weekend in the drive way.

1) remote start - get in - press start button. car is ON, and stays ON and is ready to drive. you still have to press the brake to release the gear lever.

2) remote start - get in - press brake and start button. Same as above, but with your foot on the brake already the gear lever is released.

NOTE: as mentioned before the LH screen (for those with a LH screen) does indeed say - to drive press brake and start button.

3) no remote start - get in - press start button. Car is in accessory mode, engine doesn't start. Interior lit up, radio on, blower fan started. Engine still off.

4) no remote start - get in - press brake and start button. Car on, engine running, accessories and interior lights on just like normal.

I believe the book needs a subtle re-write.

My 2016 Sport and I second this statement lol.

As an update to a previous post of mine, hitting the Start/Stop button once will bring up the main screen and put heat/cooling fan back to normal speed but shifter is locked. Hitting the button a second time will put the vehicle into the 'ready to drive' state. As with any 'start' mode, you still have to depress the brake in order to move the shifter. In other words, in my case nothing is gained over the scenario in the Manual

Peter

Right now, the remote start works great. Fire up my car a few minutes before I head out. I can get into the car and when I'm ready to go, I'm told to press the brake and press the start button. When I do this, the car turns off, and then I have to do it again to start it properly. Is that intentional?

Not at all. Time for a warranty repair!

I bet there is an error in the ABD programming for one of the modules.

I have a '16, when I use the remote start, then press the start button to go, the A/C shuts down for a few seconds. That's normal, but everything gets so quiet I thought the engine was shutting down. Had to get used to the quiet.

Right now, the remote start works great. Fire up my car a few minutes before I head out. I can get into the car and when I'm ready to go, I'm told to press the brake and press the start button. When I do this, the car turns off, and then I have to do it again to start it properly. Is that intentional?
Next time try just pressing the 'Start' button without pressing the brake and see what happens.

Peter

I use remote start and then get in and do the brake + start button and works fine for me. It does kind of feel like the engine shuts off, but it doesn't.

As mentioned above, autostart runs the fans on full blast and when you "start" the vehicle from inside, it goes back to the previous setting instantly and I'm sure most don't shut off their vehicle with the fans blowing full blast.

For the first week, I thought the vehicle was shutting off also.

You don't have to step on the brake and can simply just push the start button.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As mentioned above, autostart runs the fans on full blast and when you "start" the vehicle from inside, it goes back to the previous setting instantly and I'm sure most don't shut off their vehicle with the fans blowing full blast.

For the first week, I thought the vehicle was shutting off also.

You don't have to step on the brake and can simply just push the start button.
You were exactly right in my case. I completely fell for this and thought the car turned off due to the relative volume. All I have to do is get in my car, press the start button without the brake, and everything is good to go. Thanks!

Back