2016 Headlights Cool - Fogs SUCK...... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Headlights Cool - Fogs SUCK......

Pics show up just fine, nice color match.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to all who posted the link to the lights on Amazon. How could Ford have missed this? :eek: Now I just have to get the paint defects fixed.🔥

Before:

After:

WOW!! Much better. Good job.

Looks great! How dot you get to them to change? I looked from the top of the engine compartment and I cannot see how to get to them.

Looks great! How dot you get to them to change? I looked from the top of the engine compartment and I cannot see how to get to them.

If you look at the pictures you can see the tires are turned as far as possible. There is an access cover with a push pin to hold it on in the fender well behind the lights. Remove the cover and feel for the lights by finding the wire loom that goes to it.

As soon as I hit the enter button I recognized your wheels were turned so i peeked under there and saw exactly that area. thanks for your help!! The new lights look great!! The driver side went in without a "click" when I turned it so I thought it wasn't in correctly. I just tugged on it to make sure it was seated. The passenger side did "click". Looks much better!

Thanks for the information!:thumbsup:

Any suggestions to replace the high beams, mirror lights and license plate lights as well?

They are all Yellow as well... :-(

It just looks weird at night with the while and yellow lights on the same car.

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com got the mirror lights and license plate lights from here. I will post pictures when I get a chance

If you look at the pictures you can see the tires are turned as far as possible. There is an access cover with a push pin to hold it on in the fender well behind the lights. Remove the cover and feel for the lights by finding the wire loom that goes to it.

Hello fwrogg-Can you give a specific item number for the replacement fog lights? Are these just plain plug in? How do you like the color and brightness in person? Good match and good output? Thanks!

I'm quietly waiting on one of you '16 owners to bake the headlight and delete the amber reflector :D Although the amber is not as bad on this model year than on past years.

Thank you fwrogg.

What's "bake the headlight" I'm a girl who doesn't know the lingo :)

It's really what it sounds like. They put the lamp assembly in their home oven (low-ish temp) to loosen up the sealant to get the unit apart.

Thanks will check em out.

I replaced the fog lights with the set from Amazon and they look great, quick and easy job to replace them as well.

Now I just need High Beam Bulbs that are white.....

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com got the mirror lights and license plate lights from here. I will post pictures when I get a chance

they do look better than the orginal OEM, i will have to order me some, thanks for the Link!!!:thumbsup:

For those considering it, install was super easy. I turned the wheel all the way to the right and was able to change both sides, although the right side would've been easier if I had simply turned the wheel to the left. :) Removal/Install was mostly by feel, so just remember which way you have to put the bulb harness in after you twist 90 degrees to remove it. If I remember correctly, the bottom of the harness has to be twisted counterclockwise and will face 90 degrees to the right for removal. Install is just the opposite. I know just about everyone here probably knows this, but for those that may not.....

For those considering it, install was super easy. I turned the wheel all the way to the right and was able to change both sides, although the right side would've been easier if I had simply turned the wheel to the left. :) Removal/Install was mostly by feel, so just remember which way you have to put the bulb harness in after you twist 90 degrees to remove it. If I remember correctly, the bottom of the harness has to be twisted counterclockwise and will face 90 degrees to the right for removal. Install is just the opposite. I know just about everyone here probably knows this, but for those that may not.....

I took a picture of what the bulb backside looks like.. i honestly was tugging at something else because it's pretty hard to see what you're looking for.. had to take a photo with my camera to see.

Left fog light assembly

Right fog light assembly

and a before and after shot to add to the gallery haha.

edit* man those pics are way too big.. had to remove the img tags lol

I took a picture of what the bulb backside looks like.. i honestly was tugging at something else because it's pretty hard to see what you're looking for.....

Nice!! It would've helped if I had thought to do the same. I should've taken a pic after to make sure they were in properly. They "felt" secure, didn't move when I wiggled the plug around, and lit up great, so I assume all is good.

Here are the mirror lights and license plate lights

Here are the mirror lights and license plate lights

woah those are some bright mirror lights. I didnt even know there were any on the explorer haha.. were they easy to install and replace?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

woah those are some bright mirror lights. I didnt even know there were any on the explorer haha.. were they easy to install and replace?

yeah huge difference from the factory ones. very easy to install all you need is a flat head screwdriver to press the plastic tab and get the factory ones out then unhook the two wires. these ones are from http://www.daytimebrightlites.com plug the wires back and snap the new light and sealed housing back in.

Back