• Register Today It's free!

2016 sport

jktsavage

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Magnetic Sport
2016 sport is going to the garage for the third time. First check engine light, second replace fan motor and now the seat memory module. 4 months old 1400 miles. I guess ford thinks its a blast to bring vehicles back to the dealership and due without the one you bought.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What was the check engine issue

Have you contacted Ford support/Ford Corporate? Am not a lemon expert but wondering if your situation would qualify as one.

Have you contacted Ford support/Ford Corporate? Am not a lemon expert but wondering if your situation would qualify as one.

I don’t think it would qualify for lemon law. It would have to be in for the same(unresolved) issue. Sounds like the OP has a few, unrelated issue.

Jktsavage – As NEWPORTNJ asked, what was the check engine light issue?

Lemon law for that?
Really?

It's a machine guys. The majority of parts as outsourced by independant suppliers. Sometimes, there are bad parts supplied to Ford that they have to replace.

My brand new GMC Sierra 2500hd dumped its transmission fluid all over my garage floor with 4 miles on it. It was a bad Trans cooler fitting by the radiator.
Fixed.
My wife's new Yukon Denali had the 8 speed transmission replaced under warranty.
Fixed.

My Super Duty diesel left me stranded in a parking lot when a starter motor bolt sheared off.
Fixed and life goes on.
I'm sure Ford doesn't think it's a blast, and I'm sure it isn't personal between Dearborn and the OP.
Stuff happens..
No one died.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your 2016 Sport. Our 2016 Platinum has been flawless for 12K miles and counting.

As a convert from Japanese to Ford, I am not used to issues creeping up immediately after purchase of a new SUV. Perhaps many of us have been pampered by the reliability that they offer. Everyone understands manufacturing defects but quality control is suspect. I mean check engine light in less than 1400 miles. That was made by Ford and not its suppliers right?

As a convert from Japanese to Ford, I am not used to issues creeping up immediately after purchase of a new SUV. Perhaps many of us have been pampered by the reliability that they offer. Everyone understands manufacturing defects but quality control is suspect. I mean check engine light in less than 1400 miles. That was made by Ford and not its suppliers right?

Even the Japanese companies have premature failure issues on their products - their dealers though often do more to help the owners when they bring them in.

To that end - our 2016 has 21K on the clock (and yes it's not even a full year old) and it's been flawless.

They never figured out the problem with the check engine they just reset it.

Have you contacted Ford support/Ford Corporate? No I have not contacted Ford but I think they know about my problems from right here. Anyone agree that Ford checks this forum???

Could be a lemon, we have 1700 miles on our Ex but haven't had any issues... (not that we were expecting any)

Have you contacted Ford support/Ford Corporate? No I have not contacted Ford but I think they know about my problems from right here. Anyone agree that Ford checks this forum???
Ford does not but there are customer service reps that do. They also are involved with other forums so if you there is something you want from them it is always best to PM them (FordService). Their job is to be the 'go between' the customer and the Regional Customer Service Managers when owners have problems/issues with their vehicles. They do not interface with Ford itself or the dealers.

Peter

I just sent ford service a pm to see if they can get me a loaner for my third time to the dealership in 5 months. Thanks

Back