2018 Explorer XLT - Navigation issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Explorer XLT - Navigation issue

LeighDW

Reaction score
City, State
Olive Branch, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Hi, I bought my new Explorer in January this year. I love it! My only issue right now is that if my husband is in the passenger seat and I'm driving, he can't enter a destination address or anything for directions while the SUV is moving. The message on the screen is:
" For your safety, some features have been disabled while your vehicle is in motion".
Does anyone know if there is a way to override this? Surely there is a way.
Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I bought my new Explorer in January this year. I love it! My only issue right now is that if my husband is in the passenger seat and I'm driving, he can't enter a destination address or anything for directions while the SUV is moving. The message on the screen is:
" For your safety, some features have been disabled while your vehicle is in motion".
Thanks for your help!

Nannie State rules apply. While in motion you will need to use voice control. Good luck.

Thanks for your help!

LIke the above, this is a safety/NHTSA thing. You'll need to use voice or pull over, or switch your vehicle config with the mentioned caveats. If you need assistance with the voice part, just shoot me a message.

I hate the voice stuff as it hates me too.

The aftermarket heads can use a bypass switch to make it think it is in park. I wonder if such a switch could be refitted into the wiring harness for the Sync?

Back