2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 EF Moab run May 13-19 Discussion thread

You will have a much better time with us!!

Can you really afford any Overland stuff????

I know it would definitely be a good time! I still really want to run 7 mile, Steel bender and Kane Creek and I really want to get my trail Explorer back out to Moab. Last year's Expo sparked some opportunities and good networking for the magazine stuff I do so its hard to say no to it. Maybe I can come out for the first few days of Moab then come back early to go to Expo.:dunno::burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know it would definitely be a good time! I still really want to run 7 mile, Steel bender and Kane Creek and I really want to get my trail Explorer back out to Moab. Last year's Expo sparked some opportunities and good networking for the magazine stuff I do so its hard to say no to it. Maybe I can come out for the first few days of Moab then come back early to go to Expo.:dunno::burnout:

That could work, if you decide to go to MOAB let me know.

So where do people usually stay? Do you camp out there? What about food? Dont know much about MOAB :banghead:

Many of us will be at Canyon Lands RV park at the South end of town.

Plenty of resteraunts and the main grocery store.

If you plan on staying in Moab better get your reservations quick because as it is Kevin and Myself had to get space at 2 different RV parks.

I called Canyonlands today and they did some shuffling around and now I do not have to change campgrounds mid week.

Just a little over 3 weeks to go.

The NW crew is starting to talk about trails. We will be arriving Sunday afternoon so will start trails on Monday.

We also want to go to the Arches National Park this time since we won't have the dogs with us. That could be Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

We are thinking of starting off with Elephant Hill on Monday.

Tuesday could be Metal Masher

Wednesday - Arches Nat Park

Thursday,,,, Behind the Rocks?

Friday,,,,,,, Moab Rim?

Saturday,,,,, Prittchet Canyon?? (or Sunday depending on how many want to run that one)

Sunday,,,,,,,,,,,,

Monday we will head home.

Are other any other trails y'all would like to run?

I am planning to make it Mon-Wed this year. What I would like to do is something like:
Mon- 7 mile rim or maybe down rose Garden Hill or Flat Iron Mesa
Tue- Kane Creek
Wed- Steelbender then I am hoping to load up and leave Wed early afternoon

Elephant Hill requires a permit now if you were unaware. Only so many per day and available 24hrs in advance I believe

At Arches, there is back country roads where 4x4 is needed (deep sand), and high clearance (rutted hill drop/climbs).

Towers Arch is at one end of this 4x4 road.. Marching Men, Klondike Bluffs is also in the area. It's really interesting time, and NO crowds. We ran into only two vehicles when we did it, and they was tourist guides..

Oh, and the other spot to do is Dead Horse State park, drive back on Long Canyon Road. Great road, not hard at all, has a few pucker spots. You come out on UT 279, near Jug Handle Arch..

Come out and show us Tom!

Believe me, I thought about it.. Was there last September. Had to stay on the bunny trails due to being by ourselves, but still have a blast.

Going down the canyon single lane switchback cliff roads is crazy..

IMG_20180922_120818.jpg

IMG_20180922_115235-PANO.jpg

That is call pucker city right there. How tight where the switch backs?

Tim

I love those type of trails, just to watch the expression on my wife's face when she is cliffside

So, who is showing up when?

The NW crew will be there Sunday afternoon-evening. That's Diff Whack Daddy(Kevin), JrGaylor (Joe), Me and Jeep guy Dwight.

Brian will be there either Sunday evening or Monday morning

Everybody else???

Hopefully I have my transmission put back together before then. It's only a two hour drive and I was really looking forward to going this year.

With YouTube and my shop manual fixing things isn't an issue it's diagnosis that always gets me!

Okay, finally bought a new computer. trying to figure out windows 10 from my last which was 7. so I'm here, I'm going and so far behind on getting ready and my honey do list but nothing is stopping me from going.

I just got a new computer with 10 on it also, did not take to long to get use to it.
I am starting a new job Monday so my only prep time will be these 2 weekends. This weekend is finishing up the bronco and next will be motorhome and trailer.

T minus 7days until departure!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back