2019 Ford Police Interceptor roof mounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Ford Police Interceptor roof mounts

Brian338

Reaction score
City, State
South Mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Interceptor SUV
Posted already in Intro.My bad.Not sure what kind of mounts these are.Nobody seems to know.I have nmo mounts and rain caps as option 1.Option 2 black rubber caps.I'm assuming these roof mounts I have are installed from inside.

20220223_143215.jpg 20220223_143222 (1).jpg interceptor.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That just looks like a washer with rtv attaching it to the roof, you will have to remove it to see if there is a 3/8” or 3/4” hole under it. NMO’s with rain caps would obviously be the best hole plug.

Welcome to the Forum Brian. :wave:

Peter

Threaded is a antenna mount. There is probably coax cable run under somewhere under the headliner. The others, like already mentioned are washers stuck into RTV sealant. There might be a very large hole under that if they had to cover it with a fender washer.

I have the holes from when I removed my roof rack filled with white RTV sealant. Been that way for years without leaking.

That just looks like a washer with rtv attaching it to the roof, you will have to remove it to see if there is a 3/8” or 3/4” hole under it. NMO’s with rain caps would obviously be the best hole plug.
I didn't even think of it just being a washer.Makes sense though!Thanks.

Threaded is a antenna mount. There is probably coax cable run under somewhere under the headliner. The others, like already mentioned are washers stuck into RTV sealant. There might be a very large hole under that if they had to cover it with a fender washer.

I have the holes from when I removed my roof rack filled with white RTV sealant. Been that way for years without leaking.
If it's just a hole I can clean it up and install NMO with rain cap.I hope!Nothing is ever that easy!

If it's just a hole I might get away with cleaning it up and installing NMO mounts with rain cap.Nothing is ever that easy!LOL.Won't have to drop headliner.

Now I know when I asked the the supplier of my NMO mounts what the heck I had on my roof,they replied, they had never seen anything like that before.Freakin washer.How did I not think of that!Duh!!!

Now I know when I asked the the supplier of my NMO mounts what the heck I had on my roof,they replied, they had never seen anything like that before.Freakin washer.How did I not think of that!Duh!!!
I agree, it would be odd if it was that easy. I do have rubber plugs if you go that route, as well as NMO"s and rain caps, it the holes are larger, then you need to be more creative.

I would agree with BKennedy that there's likely a large hole under the RTV/washer. The previous mounts were likely ripped out of the roof, and the remaining one doesn't look too good either
If you can clean off the RTV and flatten the bent metal, installing a new NMO mount with a rain cap would be the best repair. Otherwise have a bodyshop fix it professionally.
I'm guessing your PIU may be a slicktop, as a light bar usually protects antennas behind it.

Maybe consider covering with a "fake" antenna as there are many versions out there.

:chug:Update great news!!It was definitely a washer.Came off no problem. 3/4 inch hole.Not butchered at all.Thank God!!!Cleaned off the RTV sealant.Installed NMO mount and rain cap.Very happy!Looks awesome.Even covered up that little hole.Thank You guys for the quick feedback and advice.1 down 2 to go.I think I will celebrate now with a cold beer!

20220225_104940 (1).jpg 20220225_110652.jpg 20220225_105457.jpg

Posted already in Intro.My bad.Not sure what kind of mounts these are.Nobody seems to know.I have nmo mounts and rain caps as option 1.Option 2 black rubber caps.I'm assuming these roof mounts I have are installed from inside.

View attachment 426725 View attachment 426726 View attachment 426727
They are the Motorola-style NMO type mount. They were installed from the outside. It seems that someone installed a 3/8 inch hole for the antenna and elected to install the smaller antenna and apply some glue to seal the washer over the hole. When the antenna mounts are properly installed correctly, they don't leak. However, that said, if the glue is securely holding the washer in place, you can either obtain a antenna hole plug for the 3/4 or 3/8 inch hole; or, as stated, use a cap which will screw over the top of the mount.

Back