2020 Aviator Black Label - RECEIVED! 2019-12-30 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Aviator Black Label - RECEIVED! 2019-12-30

What about the ETA date?

ETA keeps bouncing back with that 1990 year and to a future date. Right now it's back at 1990-01-01. Really strange.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:( Went off site again. :(

Receipt Date: 2019-07-16
ETA End Date: 1990-01-01
Production Date: 2019-10-31

Primary Status: In Production

Got the call from my dealer a few days ago. Mentioned my order should arrive within a week or so. Finally! It was in QC for almost two months! That's some major QC!

via JSON
receiptDate: 2019-07-16
etaEndDate : 2019-12-28
productionDate: 2019-10-31
primaryStatus : Awaiting Shipment

Last edited:

Got the call from my dealer a few days ago. Mentioned my order should arrive within a week or so. Finally! It was in QC for almost two months! That's some major QC!

via JSON
receiptDate: 2019-07-16
etaEndDate : 2019-12-28
productionDate: 2019-10-31
primaryStatus : Awaiting Shipment

Mine's been hung up for almost a month having been built on 2019-12-04. Today the "eta-EndDate" changed from 2019-12-29 to the infamous 1990-01-01. So I called my dealer and asked them to check on what was going on causing the change as no ship date was listed as before.

They called back and told me that my Aviator "had just returned from QC and no delivery date had been scheduled".

I'm not happy and wishing/hoping it was a normal QC inspection and not a repair of some sort.

So I picked her up last night. Although excited, some things seem to have still slipped through QC after being there for 2 months after being built.

1. Door panels are slightly misaligned (about 1mm to 1.5mm).
2. Some paint defects (blotches) on the hood and some marring/scratches on the body (my car care shop is taking a look at it).
3. Turning signal won't reset after turning.
4. Heater doesn't work. Just cold air coming out.

Needless to say, the dealer is going to have to longer than I will. *sigh* I thought I was part of the "fixed" batch considering my build date was 10/31.

NIKON_D850_12302019_3241.jpg

Congrats on the new Aviator. Too bad about the issues with it. Mine was built Oct. 9th and so far I haven't found any problems.

Peter

That's beautiful, and I'm sure you'll love it when they fix the heater and you get comfortable with it.

I parked next to a Nautilus today with my 98 Limited, and I notice it's about the same size as mine. I like this size of SUV, it's not too big and hard to park etc, bug big enough to haul most things you need it to. The Aviator is about the same size I gather, those are going to be popular for a bunch of years.

The Nautilus is 190", the Explorer is 198.8" and the Aviator is 199.3" in length.:)
Happy New Year Don.

Peter

Cool. It's hard to judge sizes in pictures of course, I prefer the mid-sized SUV's, but I love the looks of all of today's Lincolns.

Happy New Year,

Back