2020 Explorer / Aviator Shipping Info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer / Aviator Shipping Info

In addition to my 2020 Silver Spruce Platinum, my local Ford dealer is expecting four (4) Explorers ordered as dealer stock. The VINs of these four stock Explorers are available at the dealer's website, and I've been watching the status from time to time. Using the delivery receipts utility at UnitedRoad.com (carrier for the Northeast area of the country), I found that two of the dealer-stock Explorers have been sent from Chicago to Ford's Flat Rock, Michigan Assembly Plant. (VINs of these two Explorers are 1FMSK8FH5LGA01053 and 1FM5K8GCXLGA04028.)

Poking around some more, I discovered that a bunch of Explorers have been sent from Chicago to Flat Rock. I'd guess that Flat Rock Assembly must be helping with reinspection or doing some type of rework on these vehicles. The attached PDF file shows VINs of seven (7) Explorers that were sent to Flat Rock.
What site are you using to track. I can't track my order

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If its possible check Tyler Texas. Retail order built 6/26/19. Ill have drink in your honor!!
I don't know which carrier covers Texas, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Cassens. Sorry!

What site are you using to track. I can't track my order

I ask my sales guy for updates via email, and he's been very responsive. He understands I'm spending sixty large for a Ford SUV and really likes that I'm a repeat customer at the dealership.

Updated Cassens carrier counts:

7/2 14 (if dealers are close enough to the plant, they are delivered same day, that's why the final count is up from the 10 I reported previously)
7/3 5 (so far)

Has anyone confirmed that any aviators have shipped. On Cassens site, I only see that explorers have shipped. Mines been on order since March and my dealer has 0 updates, can’t even give me a VIN number

Welcome to the Forum Brad.:wave:

Peter

Has anyone confirmed that any aviators have shipped. On Cassens site, I only see that explorers have shipped. Mines been on order since March and my dealer has 0 updates, can’t even give me a VIN number
I wrote a program to automatically troll the Cassens web site. I just modified it to catch Aviators as well, but I haven't seen any Aviators go across with the Explorers yet. Until the modification I just made, a load of Aviators and no Explorers would have slipped through the cracks, but I really doubt they would ship a load of only Aviators at this point. I will continue to post daily updates of what the troller finds.

7/3 6
7/4 1 (so far)

Haven't seen any Aviators ship via Cassens yet

I have heard that the Aviator has a software issue related to phones, and shipping is delayed until this is sorted out: likely August or September. I wonder if the problem is due to the “phone as key” feature.

Welcome to the Forum John.:wave:
Thanks for the info.

Peter

I have heard that the Aviator has a software issue related to phones, and shipping is delayed until this is sorted out: likely August or September. I wonder if the problem is due to the “phone as key” feature.

I just saw the first two aviators get shipped to dealers today in Cassens Load # 18950261. I suppose they could ship to dealers and then tell them to hold them until it is sorted out.

Heading out to check it out, live 10 minutes away.

I just saw the first two aviators get shipped to dealers today in Cassens Load # 18950261. I suppose they could ship to dealers and then tell them to hold them until it is sorted out.
OTB must be good then.

Updated Cassens load counts:

7/4 1
7/5 2
7/8 3 (so far)

I have seen a few Aviators ship now. Also, of the Explorers I have spot checked, the build dates still seem to be around 6/4-6/14. Maybe they are working their way forward and back from those dates? So far, Tuesday seems to be the biggest day for deliveries by far (at least for Cassens)

Cassens load counts:

7/8 5
7/9 6 (so far)

Cassens load counts:

7/9 9
7/10 2 (so far) - seems low to me.

Also, I should put a few disclaimers on this going forward. A full load of explorers/aviators appears to be 8 vehicles, but I've noticed rare instances where a load doesn't consists solely of explorers/aviators (sometimes I've seen them include Chrysler products). Also on rare occasions, a load can be delivered over two days, which would result in a double count. Even with those caveats, I think it is a decent metric to show how many are shipping via Cassens.

Cassens load counts:

7/10 3
7/11 4 (so far)

Although most deliveries seem to have build dates 6/4-6/15 that I have seen, I did see the first two with build dates of 6/25 go out (which I thought was a big jump from 6/15).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am going to stop posting these updates because I have discovered that they aren't representative of what is going on. I was trolling my dealer's web site (again, I have OCD and nothing better to do) and noticed that two explorers came in that were not shipped via Cassens. In hindsight, I had no good reason to assume that Cassens is the exclusive or near exclusive carrier for Ford Explorers to Columbus, OH. The two that the dealer just received were built in late May. I suspect they arrived a couple of days ago, because I have seen this dealer take a day or two to mark them received into stock.

So Cassens just represents a subset of what is going on in the midwest.

If anyone is still interested in these load counts let me know and I can continue to post for a bit.

Now, I should spend my time hunting for a private rebate before mine comes in!

Back