2020 explorer front and rear door air leaks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 explorer front and rear door air leaks

toolman4

Reaction score
City, State
Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
So I spent a little time with a squirl cage fan and my windows to see if I could find the leaks. It always sounds like a window is open. On the front windows it's the inner seal on the curve of the window. That seal just does not sit tight against the window as you can see in the video when rolled all the way up. It's just not a good fit and it looks like you have to take a lot apart on the door just to replace that one. I Rode in a 21 with the tech and he agreed it was the same way for noise which was hard to believe. So not sure what to do but hide the noise with a window air deflector.

The rear one is leaking in the corner on both passenger doors where it meets the smaller window. The window rocks a bunch and must not be a good fit for the window. Any suggestions welcomed. Both seals look labor intensive to replace. I hate having them tear the doors apart because nothing ever seams to go back together very well. Could also put the window air deflectors on there too. It is still under warranty. Anybody else find anything that fixes this?

20210804_174134.jpg

20210804_174149.jpg

So I spent a little time with a squirl cage fan and my windows to see if I could find the leaks. It always sounds like a window is open. On the front windows it's the inner seal on the curve of the window. That seal just does not sit tight against the window as you can see in the video when rolled all the way up. It's just not a good fit and it looks like you have to take a lot apart on the door just to replace that one. I Rode in a 21 with the tech and he agreed it was the same way for noise which was hard to believe. So not sure what to do but hide the noise with a window air deflector.

The rear one is leaking in the corner on both passenger doors where it meets the smaller window. The window rocks a bunch and must not be a good fit for the window. Any suggestions welcomed. Both seals look labor intensive to replace. I hate having them tear the doors apart because nothing ever seams to go back together very well. Could also put the window air deflectors on there too. It is still under warranty. Anybody else find a solution?

View attachment 341636

View attachment 341637

Playing music all the time helps to hide the multiple types of noises in this very flawed beast! Mine is less than 2 years old and makes more noises than a 7 year old car both inside and out!

Playing music all the time helps to hide the multiple types of noises in this very flawed beast! Mine is less than 2 years old and makes more noises than a 7 year old car both inside and out!
No doubt! For what it cost ...the tech shouldn't be just saying welllll that's just how they are

Back