2020 Explorer | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

That's about $61,000 CDN at today's rate.

That's why Canadians have to wait for Employee Pricing every summer to get the pricing down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I goofed on typing the numbers..

$51k msrp with track pack
$49k removing dvd
$46 invoice loaded wih track and without dvd.

I goofed on typing the numbers..

$51k msrp with track pack
$49k removing dvd
$46 invoice loaded wih track and without dvd.

46K or getting it close to the invoice number would be a fair deal, around 46K. Fully loaded with track pack and all that amount of Torque that comes with that engine.

Also, premium tech package is included in the ST as it says 0 next to it. I wonder for those that wish the 8 inch normal screen would have to cancel that tech package... Multi contour seats with that massage feature i wont need and it comes with 2 extra speakers and maybe has a little bit better sound. Some of us that wish to have a normal screen would also have to compromise the other features that are included in that premium package.

Wow pricing went down for 2020 model??? Never thought I would see the day that Ford lowered the price on something. If I have time tomorrow I'll have to go in and play around with some builds, although I wouldnt be surprised if that pricing isn't 100% accurate as of right now.

Wow pricing went down for 2020 model??? Never thought I would see the day that Ford lowered the price on something. If I have time tomorrow I'll have to go in and play around with some builds, although I wouldnt be surprised if that pricing isn't 100% accurate as of right now.

Blwnsmoke posted that, I am not sure if those prices for ST with track pack is accurate. More options are included in the overall deal. It would be a highway robbery to get a 2020 loaded with track pack for around the invoice of 46K. I am really liking the Aqua blue color. Explorer had not had that kind of nice dark blue color for over 10 years. I have to double check on that one.

46K or getting it close to the invoice number would be a fair deal, around 46K. Fully loaded with track pack and all that amount of Torque that comes with that engine.

Also, premium tech package is included in the ST as it says 0 next to it. I wonder for those that wish the 8 inch normal screen would have to cancel that tech package... Multi contour seats with that massage feature i wont need and it comes with 2 extra speakers and maybe has a little bit better sound. Some of us that wish to have a normal screen would also have to compromise the other features that are included in that premium package.

Isn't that "O" for Optional?

Premium Tech Pak is more $$

*&^@%#%$!!!

Agree! Going to see in person on Tuesday morning at the Detroit show. Might be a deal breaker for us. We're OK with six seats, but having a large dog in the back (not on one of those seats) seems like it could be awkward and less than ideal....

That a darn shame if can't get the second row bench on the ST. Not sure why some mfg (Chevy Traverse as an example) don't just carry the bench up the trim levels. I really want/wanted to get an ST...but must have the second row bench.

I personaly won't buy a first year new model, but if you do I'm sure you will find someone that buys a lower trim that will swap for the buckets. The buckets look sharp but personally another console to take up seating space and collect junk is not what I want. I would rather have a column shift and 40/20/40 seating with the center folding down for an armrest and no console like many pickups have. Another thing they should do is have front passenger seat fold flat for carrying long items. I have seen other vehicle with this as well. I'm sure all the bolt holes will be there and the bench will bolt right in.

Articles said the 2020 price for the Base would be about $400 higher than the current model so I very much doubt the other trims have gone down in price.

Peter

I personaly won't buy a first year new model, but if you do I'm sure you will find someone that buys a lower trim that will swap for the buckets. The buckets look sharp but personally another console to take up seating space and collect junk is not what I want. I would rather have a column shift and 40/20/40 seating with the center folding down for an armrest and no console like many pickups have. Another thing they should do is have front passenger seat fold flat for carrying long items. I have seen other vehicle with this as well. I'm sure all the bolt holes will be there and the bench will bolt right in.
With the 2nd row seats now having inboard armrests they can be officially called Captain's Chairs/Seats. :)
"Like the wooden chairs from which they draw their names, captain's seats usually have armrests that may be adjustable or swing out of the passenger's way."
https://www.hunker.com/12619891/what-is-the-difference-between-bucket-seats-captains-chair-seats

Peter

With the 2nd row seats now having inboard armrests they can be officially called Captain's Chairs/Seats. :)
"Like the wooden chairs from which they draw their names, captain's seats usually have armrests that may be adjustable or swing out of the passenger's way."
https://www.hunker.com/12619891/what-is-the-difference-between-bucket-seats-captains-chair-seats

Peter
I had a 1997 F-250 that had captains chairs with armrest on both sides and high backs they were awesome. Then they started only putting the inboard armrest on them. They were much better with two. So I assume the new Explorer will have low backs, headrest's, and one armrest they should be called Hybrid Captains Chairs. Just to label them with a "modern" term.

Screenshot_20190119-135109_Gallery.jpg

Here is my official order. I am being told by someone that prices may change as there is no pricing code yet but since my order is already submitted, Ford must honor it.. so the fact that the street pack is showing $0 right now, Ford will not be able to charge me if they fix that to a cost as we believe it is an error.

ADXZ pricing is listed on it as well.

View attachment 166626

Here is my official order. I am being told by someone that prices may change as there is no pricing code yet but since my order is already submitted, Ford must honor it.. so the fact that the street pack is showing $0 right now, Ford will not be able to charge me if they fix that to a cost as we believe it is an error.

ADXZ pricing is listed on it as well.
Im currently working the auto show ao i got to see the car before the public days and it is phenemonal in person.

I went to my dealer thursday to all but place an order. Supposed to put my deposit down on wednesday and submit it. The street pack or track pack was a make or break option for me based on price.

For what its worth if the cost is showing 0 for the street pack and you say ford has to honor it.. not sure how they will let that slide. Why wouldnt you just opt for the track pack if its going to be "free"

My order would be similiar minus the splash guards, and if sub 46 is true for A plan, thats well cheaper what i paid my 16 sport for

Im currently working the auto show ao i got to see the car before the public days and it is phenemonal in person.

I went to my dealer thursday to all but place an order. Supposed to put my deposit down on wednesday and submit it. The street pack or track pack was a make or break option for me based on price.

For what its worth if the cost is showing 0 for the street pack and you say ford has to honor it.. not sure how they will let that slide. Why wouldnt you just opt for the track pack if its going to be "free"

My order would be similiar minus the splash guards, and if sub 46 is true for A plan, thats well cheaper what i paid my 16 sport for

That was part of the conversation I had this morning. I believe the track pack is just more expensive brake pads. If you look at the order guide, it says below the track pack that it is dealer installed i want to know what exactly it consists of. I dont see Ford having a dealer replace brake lines or calipers before delivery. It is just a wierd option..

And if it is higher performance pads only, I dont want to have to be replacing them more often.. so I am torn till I find out. And if it is too late to change, I can always change the pads myself.

That was part of the conversation I had this morning. I believe the track pack is just more expensive brake pads. If you look at the order guide, it says below the track pack that it is dealer installed i want to know what exactly it consists of. I dont see Ford having a dealer replace brake lines or calipers before delivery. It is just a wierd option..

And if it is higher performance pads only, I dont want to have to be replacing them more often.. so I am torn till I find out. And if it is too late to change, I can always change the pads myself.
Ahh okay, now at the end of the day like you were saying, the options you chose like the street pack and premium tech pack ended up at 0, and essentially even though your order is submitted, ford has to honor that price, despite the bottom of that screenshot saying its not an invoice? And the dealer cant end up charging you?

Ahh okay, now at the end of the day like you were saying, the options you chose like the street pack and premium tech pack ended up at 0, and essentially even though your order is submitted, ford has to honor that price, despite the bottom of that screenshot saying its not an invoice? And the dealer cant end up charging you?

I am being told Ford has to honor it. It isnt an invoice because Ford hasnt billed it to the dealer so they always say that. We shall see how this plays out?

Yea, 16 Sport fully loaded was 52K, if 2020 ST is 46-47K fully loaded, that's a great deal.

What color is everyone here ordering? I really like that Atlas Blue color on the ST model.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered the blue.

Back