2020 Explorer | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

This is what it takes to overheat the brakes on one of these new Explorers.

I dont get it, you did a few passes and braked at the end of each to do U-turns.

I dont get it, you did a few passes and braked at the end of each to do U-turns.
The brakes were smoking and making a pretty loud howling/grinding noise that you can hear pretty clearly towards the end of the video. The clip of the wheel was meant to demonstrate the brake smoke, but you can hardly see it.
"Overheated" is incorrect terminology I guess. They weren't fading too bad yet. They could have just been smoking because of how new they were. They had a good few stops left in them, but they were getting pretty hot.

I wish.
Tomorrow I go work on my rental max length parking anywhere on the curb is about 200 inches. So F250 I would be parked two blocks away. The building was built in 1919 my first Gen Sequoia only fits through the carriage doors to the garage with mirrors folded. I only clear the roof by 2 inches.

I grew up with horses and big pickups haven’t needed one since I sold my horses and switched to city life.

In June we did a 2900 mile Utah/AZ trip. Did some dirt stuff. The Sequoia was fine but honestly 8 inches of clearance yeah Subarus and mini vans not so much. So the Explorer would have been disappointing on that trip. Super disappointing really. Its not a SUV and I think Ford is really doing it a disservice calling it a suv. Its a nice largish sport wagon. But not a SUV. And I’m a Subaru owner too. I like wagons. But they aren’t SUVs
If you are still here, mimnd telling us what you picked?

Back