2020 Off-Road Experiences | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Off-Road Experiences

"EXPLORER"...implies its capability of exploring paved roads and shopping mall parking lots. Due to the low ground clearance and other previously mentioned inhibitors coupled with true off roading experiences....going to MOAB is very likely not happening!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..................going to MOAB is very likely not happening!
I don't believe that qualifies as light to moderate off-roading. No one ever said it was a 'rock-crawler'. It has proven to do quite well given its limitations.

Peter

Moa
"EXPLORER"...implies its capability of exploring paved roads and shopping mall parking lots. Due to the low ground clearance and other previously mentioned inhibitors coupled with true off roading experiences....going to MOAB is very likely not happening!
Moab, certainly not, but here are some numbers to consider i collected from several places:

As a high benchmark, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has the following:
For example, the all-new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has an industry-leading approach angle of 44 degrees, break-over angle of 27.8 degrees, departure angle of 37 degrees and ground clearance of 10.9 inches (27.7 cm).
The Subaru Outback - Ground Clearance - 8.7 Approach Angle - 18.4, Departure Angle - 22.7, Break over - 20.0

The 2020 Explorer ST:

Ground Clearance - 8.3 Approach Angle - 20.01, Departure Angle - 21.0, Break over - 17.7
The Outback is my baseline. I want something about as good as it is. The ST is not quite as good and the Outback, but probably close enough for what I need. See previous posts I made for differences in sidewall width.

That's what the Bronco and Baby Bronco will be for

That's what the Bronco and Baby Bronco will be for

If they could hurry up and make them. I'm honestly tired of all the speculation and would like to see them. They should of been out for 2020 by all the talk and hype over the last few years. We can't even get an official photo yet.

If they could hurry up and make them. I'm honestly tired of all the speculation and would like to see them. They should of been out for 2020 by all the talk and hype over the last few years. We can't even get an official photo yet.

You havent seen the photo leaked from the Dealers meeting this year of the baby bronco?

You havent seen the photo leaked from the Dealers meeting this year of the baby bronco?

Yes, it looks like an redesigned escape. The full size is what I'm interested in.

Back