2020 Paint Issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Paint Issues

Picked up my 2020 on Thursday and notice a defect. It's right next to the tailight assembly in between the tailgate. It seems like the factory painted over rubber at the weld spot. My driver side is fine but this is the passenger side. It's cracking and if it falls off, it will look really weird. Also saw a very small "blob" on my rear driver door by the window, very small, about 1/3 the size of a penny. Do I have to bring these up to the selling dealer or the closest dealer where I normally get service is fine? Neither of them have their own body shop.

IMG-1900.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else have a crease like this on each side of quarter panel? Kinda tough to see.

Not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Perhaps you can point to it while taking the video or mark it somehow.

Peter

Yeah, I have imperfections in all three F150s I have owned and the wife's Explorer has some dirt issues or trash in the paint if you will.

I think it is to be expected in the plants they make them as they are not a static clean sealed environment. They are usually painted down the assembly line by robots in an automated process. Unless it was way off I would probably leave it since it is original paint only once and I can always tell blended paint at any angle from 5-8 feet from the panel.

Good Luck with your decision

Yeah, I have imperfections in all three F150s I have owned and the wife's Explorer has some dirt issues or trash in the paint if you will.

I think it is to be expected in the plants they make them as they are not a static clean sealed environment. They are usually painted down the assembly line by robots in an automated process. Unless it was way off I would probably leave it since it is original paint only once and I can always tell blended paint at any angle from 5-8 feet from the panel.

Good Luck with your decision
Oh yeah I’m leaving as is if it’s nothing abnormal with these.

Back