Paint issues and tiny dings. Warranty? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Paint issues and tiny dings. Warranty?

ARS1

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 XLT Platinum White
I noticed on the hood of our EX there is a piece of dirt or something in the paint on the drivers side on the front of the hood where the lettering would go on a sport. I also noticed that there is a reverse dent on the drivers rear quarter panel the was obviously there from the factory. How could we put a reverse dent in it in the first place? Then yesterday the light hit her just right and there is a tiny ding on the hood towards where the drivers hing would be but on the top of the hood.

My question is what are my chances of getting these fixed under warranty? Two of them were obviously pre delivery the other I know was as well the thing is in a garage 95% of the day every day. We just got it in Jan and I noticed the dirt right away but never thought I'd have to look for dings

Talk to your dealer, nobody here can tell you what they will do with dents and paint issues. Chances are, they won't do anything about dents but who knows until you bring it in.

I noticed on the hood of our EX there is a piece of dirt or something in the paint on the drivers side on the front of the hood where the lettering would go on a sport...

Hi ARS1,

As blwnsmoke said, your best bet will be to have your dealership take a look; they'll be able to tell you if a repair can be made under warranty. If you'd like, I can get your regional customer service manager involved. Just PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll do the rest. :)

Crystal

Back