• Register Today It's free!

2020 XLT Exhaust?

Billy Dunwoody

Reaction score
City, State
Culver City, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Wanted to get a new exhaust for the XLT particularly a Carven TR exhaust.
Will I be able to do this without setting off any check engine lights?
It’s also asking for the inlet size, 2.5in or 3in. Does anyone know which one I should order if it will work?
This will be my first exhaust modification ever.
Tha ks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seeing as the exhaust you linked is a cat-back system, you should be perfectly fine. A cat-back system retains the factory catalytic converters and o2 sensors, which is what you need to make the engine computer happy.

Wanted to get a new exhaust for the XLT particularly a Carven TR exhaust.
Will I be able to do this without setting off any check engine lights?
It’s also asking for the inlet size, 2.5in or 3in. Does anyone know which one I should order if it will work?
This will be my first exhaust modification ever.
Tha ks!
Would you please link to the exhaust?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It looks like there are already 2 links that I can see. One in the post you quoted and one in your reply.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It looks like there are already 2 links that I can see. One in the post you quoted and one in your reply.

Peter

Those are the auto-generated links. They don't go to anything relevant.

Funny enough, your post has a link in it too - where you typed "I can see" goes to some random page. :D

That's strange. When I clicked on the 2 I mentioned, they both took me to the Carven TR exhaust page. Now it goes to some coupon site.
This Forum hasn't generated these links before.

Peter

Borla just announced their exhaust cat back kit for the 2.3L 6th gen explorers. I want but not liking not being able to see the tips and not being able to work as much means can't get anything except pay the necessities. I am definitely lucky that I am still able to work.

Back