• Register Today It's free!

2021 AGM Battery?

dgc76

Reaction score
City, State
Gate City, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 XLT Sport Appearance
I have not pulled the battery cover off to inspect the battery in my 2021. My 2019 F-150 came with an AGM battery. I have an old Mustang and in 2010 I installed a reproduction Autolite battery that has AGM internals. It has been a Batteryminder AGM maintainer and it is still strong after 11 years. I would like to keep a Batteryminder on the Explorer since it in mostly a trip vehicle and will go weeks without being started. Before I order one, I need to know whether to order the regular maintainer for a flooded battery or the AGM model.

Do the 2021 Explorers have AGM batteries?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably best to just yank off the cover and take a look to make sure. Krishna knows which car came with which battery these days...

I have not pulled the battery cover off to inspect the battery in my 2021. My 2019 F-150 came with an AGM battery. I have an old Mustang and in 2010 I installed a reproduction Autolite battery that has AGM internals. It has been a Batteryminder AGM maintainer and it is still strong after 11 years. I would like to keep a Batteryminder on the Explorer since it in mostly a trip vehicle and will go weeks without being started. Before I order one, I need to know whether to order the regular maintainer for a flooded battery or the AGM model.

Do the 2021 Explorers have AGM batteries?
I just had mine replaced 2 weeks ago at 19,000 miles because it was completely dead. The new one I have is in fact an AGM. Not sure what the original one was.

i have a Battery Minder for regular batteries so i contacted them about this. They said it was fine to use the one I have. So I did use it on and off all last winter with no issues.

Just checked the battery, it is an AGM.

Wow, dread ever replacing it myself. I guess the engineers and designers were assigned the task of making it as difficult as possible! They were highly successful. 😳

Just checked the battery, it is an AGM.

Wow, dread ever replacing it myself. I guess the engineers and designers were assigned the task of making it as difficult as possible! They were highly successful. 😳
The Manual shows it is an AGM. BAGM-48H6-760

Peter

Back