2021 order availability and lead-time? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2021 order availability and lead-time?

My information is that its all new hardware to support the new software, if they ever have another Police Advisory Board meeting in Dearborn I will get the chance to talk to the Chief Engineer on Explorer and the SYNC engineers so I can get some facts and possibly vent a little about how frustrating their multi media execution plan is.

Interesting. Yeah it would be nice to see/hear their thought process on how they handle their infotainment execution.

They didn't do it with Sync 3 in the Explorer. In a way, it makes some sense if they are looking to cut down on the possible number of issues Sync 4 may have. Install it in some of their other models first to see how it performs and then add it to a higher selling model. As far as upgrading Sync 3 to 4, I doubt it could be done unless perhaps you might be able to do it the way members with Sync 2 are upgrading to Sync 3. in otherwords, a complete hardware change.

Peter

I suppose. But I thought I read the new F150 will have the updated Sync 4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, the 2021 F-150 will have Sync 4 as will the Bronco. Part of Ford's phase-in program.

Peter

OK .....I flip flopped .......Im now a fan of Carbonized Gray on the ST, here are two 2021 PP Builds.

The one with Performance Pack Black wheels is Carbonized Gray.

Attachments

• IMG_8555.JPG
    IMG_8555.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_9724.JPG
    IMG_9724.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 230

OK .....I flip flopped .......Im now a fan of Carbonized Gray on the ST, here are two 2021 PP Builds.

The one with Performance Pack Black wheels is Carbonized Gray.

Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to see more of it. It's very subtle but the change is there. I think I like both equally as much.

More 2021 news

Awesome, keep the news coming. Article mentions"high gloss black" interior changes. As opposed to? My first thought is the silver trim pieces. It's been awhile since I test drove the ST so don't remember the interior details too much.

Awesome, keep the news coming. Article mentions"high gloss black" interior changes. As opposed to? My first thought is the silver trim pieces. It's been awhile since I test drove the ST so don't remember the interior details too much.
You can receive a lot of this info by subscribing to Ford Authority News (linked above) and get daily emails on products, etc.

Peter

Some 2020 Ford Explorer XLT's/LTD's that are being sold at dealerships (possibly a recent build) already have the interior materials improved like on the steering wheel, centre stack, and on the doors....But I haven't found an ST or a Platinum with the upgraded materials so they still have the black plastic. I just wish they improved the materials for the air vents for the newly improved model as they are plastic as well. Also if you look at the climate control buttons they are now high gloss black instead of the black plastic.

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.53.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.54.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.54.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.57.19 PM.png

I will let you guys know once I see a 2020 ST with the improved materials.

According to my contacts the 2021 Job #1 date is still looking good for the week of September 7th

I got my VIN already and Im scheduled for the week of October 5th.

Has anyone seen the 2021 ST Line badging that goes on front fenders for European models?......I cant find any pics online.

Mine was ordered on Sept 16th and built on Oct 14, and scheduled to be on dealers lot on Nov 7.

Recently rode in a friend's 2021 Platinum - gawd damn it was nice. The wood trim was a nice touch. 360 degree camera, tech package, lane keeping, nav, panoramic roof, 4wd, large display (not as ugly or obtrusive as I thought it would be) and holy **** it was fast!

But then again, I have never owned a vehicle newer than '12 and never a top of the line model so YMMV.

I test drove the ST and it's fast from a launch due to ridiculous 1st gear ratio. Once you're at speed and trying to punch the throttle to match freeway traffic, it felt like my stock Fusion Sport or stock SHO. That moonroof is like an accident waiting to happen, I got fooled by Ford once and never again. The roof glass is not covered under any factory warranty. The 360 backup camera started coming out in 2015/2016 on the trucks and other brands. It's cool to have. I'm just not enthralled with the price. They want about $55k X-Plan, and lease payments are $700/mo. Financing is under $1000 a month. Just as a comparison, a Hellcat Challenger is the same price/lease/finance payment. Yes the Explorer does a lot more, but I've been hemming and hawing at the Explorer ST since they came out May of last year. Way too pricey IMHO.

I test drove the ST and it's fast from a launch due to ridiculous 1st gear ratio. Once you're at speed and trying to punch the throttle to match freeway traffic, it felt like my stock Fusion Sport or stock SHO. That moonroof is like an accident waiting to happen, I got fooled by Ford once and never again. The roof glass is not covered under any factory warranty. The 360 backup camera started coming out in 2015/2016 on the trucks and other brands. It's cool to have. I'm just not enthralled with the price. They want about $55k X-Plan, and lease payments are $700/mo. Financing is under $1000 a month. Just as a comparison, a Hellcat Challenger is the same price/lease/finance payment. Yes the Explorer does a lot more, but I've been hemming and hawing at the Explorer ST since they came out May of last year. Way too pricey IMHO.

You can get the ST without the moonroof. But I agree MRSP, is crazy. But I am pretty sure no one pays that price. You should be able to get under 50k I think. Official owners should be able to confirm that. If not that, just pick up a low mileage used one.

You can get the ST without the moonroof. But I agree MRSP, is crazy. But I am pretty sure no one pays that price. You should be able to get under 50k I think. Official owners should be able to confirm that. If not that, just pick up a low mileage used one.

Yes you'd have to order the ST without the moonroof. Every single ST here has the moonroof option. The $55k I quoted was X-Plan pricing with military discount. Those that are getting under $50k must be using A/Z plan or the dealer is willing to drop the price way way below normal pricing. I have yet to see that happen here in SE MI. Even with the 2021 lower MSRP pricing (which translates to lower A/D/X/Z pricing), it's still about $55k before TTL. $700/mo leasing. The same price as a Hellcat.

I picked my ST up with tech and street pack and no sunroof. Have been very happy with it. Came off a dealer lot in northern Ohio.

Yes you'd have to order the ST without the moonroof. Every single ST here has the moonroof option. The $55k I quoted was X-Plan pricing with military discount. Those that are getting under $50k must be using A/Z plan or the dealer is willing to drop the price way way below normal pricing. I have yet to see that happen here in SE MI. Even with the 2021 lower MSRP pricing (which translates to lower A/D/X/Z pricing), it's still about $55k before TTL. $700/mo leasing. The same price as a Hellcat.

I have seen several STs without a moonroof on dealer lots. Definitely not common but they exist without requiring an order. Hard to say with a price since I haven't bought one. I wish there was a sticky post here for people to share their final price. When I daily'd my CX-5, the forum over there had that option. Definitely helped to get an idea of what people are and should be paying.

I hear you. I really really want a Mustang GT350 but that just doesn't work with my lifestyle. But similar money that I would use to buy an explorer ST, i could use towards a mustang. But they really are different beasts so its a tough comparison.

You should check the prices of the 2021's as Ford has substantially reduced prices of the 2021 Explorers. I just ordered a Limited and the base price was almost 10% lower than the same model 2020.

If you are going to compare the helical to the Explorer, then compare the $90,000 Hellcat Durango, not a couple or sedan. And it is still a ̶D̶o̶d̶g̶e̶ Stellantis....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2020 ST's are selling for around $49k in my area (MSRP is $59,670), after all dealer discounts, and factory rebates. A few dealers also have "factory-to-dealer" coupons that they can throw at the deal. I think they're worth around $250 for each coupon. I'm guessing the rebates will be even larger for November, given the 2021 price reductions. The 2021's are hitting the lots right now.

Back