2022 explorer platinum engine knocking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 explorer platinum engine knocking

denoon

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022. Platinum Explorer
Bought a new 2022 Platinum Explorer about a month ago. From almost the very first week it has an engine knocking sound under light to medium acceleration through the first few gears. This is a very noticeable sound almost like a piston rod is loose. For a car of this price I am very disappointed . My expectations were to have a car that is quiet and does not sound like a cheap piece of junk . I have been a Ford owner for the last 40 years and have never been this dissatisfied . Took it back to the dealer and they did some testing and could find nothing mechanically wrong . They took me for a ride in an identical car and it did the same thing. No real explanation was given as to what is going on. Anybody else having this problem?

Bought a new 2022 Platinum Explorer about a month ago. From almost the very first week it has an engine knocking sound under light to medium acceleration through the first few gears. This is a very noticeable sound almost like a piston rod is loose. For a car of this price I am very disappointed . My expectations were to have a car that is quiet and does not sound like a cheap piece of junk . I have been a Ford owner for the last 40 years and have never been this dissatisfied . Took it back to the dealer and they did some testing and could find nothing mechanically wrong . They took me for a ride in an identical car and it did the same thing. No real explanation was given as to what is going on. Anybody else having this problem?
welcome! ive hesrd of DI vehicles having a similiar sound before but cant personally confirm

Welcome.

Back