• Register Today It's free!

2022 Explorer XLT Ordered

snowflee17

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Clair
Year, Model & Trim Level
22 Ranger Lariat w Splash
I am waiting on delivery of my 2022 Explorer XLT, tracking says it shipped on 11/15, and it can take 12-28 days for delivery! Anybody know why that is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Congrats on the order for a new XLT. Hope it arrives before Christmas.:dpchug:

Peter

You and me both! It was shipped out on 11-15 from Chicago to North East PA and it still hasn't arrived yet. I could've driven there and back atleast 250 times! Don't understand why it is taking so long!? 😕 🤔🤨

Well my delivery date got pushed out again, not sure what could possibly be the problem, production finished on 11/15 shipped out on 11/17 with an estimated delivery of 12/13! No delivery of course and now it's states estimated delivery is 12/20, does anyone know why it takes more than a month for it to travel 500 miles?

Could be a lack of available transport or drivers or deliveries to your particular area. That is a common issue.

Peter

Timeline for my Explorer.....Ordered 9/7/21....Built 12-1-21....shipped 12-7-21....Delivered 12/15/21 (NC)

MY 2022 XLT was built 12/1/21....loaded on rail 12/7/21....arrived at dealer in NC 12/16/21

Well it's 12/22 and it still hasn't arrived 😕, the excitement is waning and losing confidence in this custom order idea!

Question...
Ordered 2022 Timberline and order was confirmed by email on 12/4/21.
Received an update email on 12/16 saying vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of February 28, 2022.

I decided to check the tracker today and it says "In Production Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page."

I'm confused. Is it being build at the end of February... or NOW?
(Window sticker is not yet available when I clicked the link)

It's a crap shoot! Mine was shipped on 11/15 and as of 1/5 it still hasn't arrived, while others that have shipped 3 weeks later have already been delivered! There isn't a straight answer to give you! Sorry for the vagueness but it is what it is!

Mine shipped 11/27 and then sat in a rail yard from 12/15 until 1/3. It was delivered to the dealer on 1/4.

Mine shipped 11/27 and then sat in a rail yard from 12/15 until 1/3. It was delivered to the dealer on 1/4.
Congrats on the new ST. Don't forget to update your profile as the ST is no longer on order. ;)

Peter

Been waiting so long for my Explorer, that I decided to buy this instead

IMG_1611.jpg IMG_1609.jpg

Ordered mid June 2021, still not scheduled for production on 1/28/22. No idea when this will be built.

Ordered mid June 2021, still not scheduled for production on 1/28/22. No idea when this will be built.
Did the dealer at least provide you with the order acceptance (DORA) document?

Peter

No, it was ordered through the Illinois State Bid process for a Fire Department. I guess the basic version and low margin are enough to put me last in line. The way it works is I fill out the order sheet, send it to the specific dealer handling the model for the state bid then wait for a phone call when it shows up. I usually get no info but I called the dealer to see if he could give me a status so I can order the emergency lights and he said it wasn't yet scheduled for production. He also said once scheduled it'll go pretty fast.

Back