2022 order bank | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2022 order bank

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2022 Platinum with 400 hp.... interesting.... I wonder if Ford would be able to add the same tune to previous Platinum's. Also, the Class 4 hitch, wonder why that was never included from the beginning on the higher trims, the Aviator had it from the beginning. Wish you can add that to previous Explorer's.

Also, no more Paddle shifters outside of ST and Timerbline trims and DRL's are optional.

Yeah I think you get just rwd if you get the enthusiast package. Which is pretty much just the ST from an engine and power standpoint without all the extra features and fluff.
uh no, its a typo isnt it? they didnt spend millions in engineering to create a rwd only explorer

uh no, its a typo isnt it? they didnt spend millions in engineering to create a rwd only explorer
XLT's and Limited are available RWD only, unless it was sarcasm.

2021 Enthusiast ST came with 4WD. Only the "base" Platinum with the 3.0TT was available with the RWD. Looks like they're changing that for 2022 for the ST as well. Could see it being cheaper than current 49k

XLT's and Limited are available RWD only, unless it was sarcasm.

2021 Enthusiast ST came with 4WD. Only the "base" Platinum with the 3.0TT was available with the RWD. Looks like they're changing that for 2022 for the ST as well. Could see it being cheaper than current 49k
I was ignorant about the RWD, color me surprised,I stand corrected, as for the RWD enthusiast, that would be 400hp to rear wheels only and no front wheel drive system, that would be awesome! unfortunately I believe the enthusiast is the 400a pkg that is missing some of the electronic crap for a 5k or so savings

Evidently Ford really wants late model used cars. I have a fleet company 2018 Explorer. Normally we keep them until they hit 85,000 miles. With the last year and a half of Covid we have obviously not been driving nearly as much as usual, so I only have 59,000 on mine. Three weeks ago my company sent me an order form to order a 2021 Explore. Since the supply issues have affected new car production, Ford made a deal to buy back all our company cars and order new ones. So they get the sale of all our new vehicles, and with the spike in used car pricing they will get to resell those as well.
The big question is how long it will take to get the new cars….
Similar story for me. I have a 2018 Fleet Explorer with 60K. The order form just came to order a 2022. Normally the order would be placed at 85K, assuming the new can would arrive by 90K. Ford is not pushing to buy back 2018 Explorers. The reason I got an early order is because we have other drivers that are still waiting on their 2021 Explorer that were ordered November 2020. I hoping my 2022 will be delivered by spring 2022.

AWD is optional now for Explorer platinum
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Optional on both the 2021 and 2022 Platinums.

Peter

Back