2023 Lincoln Reserve Ordered (HOLD ORDER?) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2023 Lincoln Reserve Ordered (HOLD ORDER?)

Or, sell it back & have them provide you a loaner (or let you keep driving your current one, from used car inventory stock ;)) until your new car is ready. I'd think multiple purchases (assuming the same dealer) would earn you a bit of grace with them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could sell it to the dealer and rent it back for $0 per day or something similar
I've been thinking about options and will have to see if it's worth it once the time gets closer.

Peter

I've been thinking about options and will have to see if it's worth it once the time gets closer.

Peter
Ford red carpet lease will extend your lease month to month if you have proof you ordered vehicle… they did that for me when there were delays on the. 2020’s

Ford red carpet lease will extend your lease month to month if you have proof you ordered vehicle… they did that for me when there were delays on the. 2020’s
Thanks Bob, but it isn't the lease that I'm concerned about at the moment. The lease is up on Oct.31st. The dealer only has until July 31st to purchase the vehicle from the manufacturer. They then plan to ship it to the U.S. because they can realize more money that way and that in turn will help reduce the cost of my next lease. Once the lease is within its last 3 months, the vehicle has to go back to Ford.
I guess the old saying "time will tell" certainly applies here.

Peter

You could sell it to the dealer and rent it back for $0 per day or something similar
I spoke with the dealer and was told not to worry about it. They'll work something out.

UPDATE:
There are now over 20,000 vehicles currently waiting for the 360 camera fix. Apparently, the entire Chicago Speedway is filled with these vehicles. I was told it is now not a software issue but a hardware issue which will likely result in the cameras having to be replaced. ETA is September! This info was to be sent out to all dealers beginning last Tuesday.

Peter

I spoke with the dealer and was told not to worry about it. They'll work something out.

UPDATE:
There are now over 20,000 vehicles currently waiting for the 360 camera fix. Apparently, the entire Chicago Speedway is filled with these vehicles. I was told it is now not a software issue but a hardware issue which will likely result in the cameras having to be replaced. ETA is September! This info was to be sent out to all dealers beginning last Tuesday.

Peter
How did you get this information? My dealership keeps telling me that they don’t know when the issue is going to be fixed and that they’re hoping it will be resolved by the end of this month. I am now considering getting into a navigator since the lease for my aviator ends tomorrow. What a mess!!

Lincoln will only extend your lease for one month.

Lincoln will only extend your lease for one month.
I spoke with my sales manager yesterday and he said as long as I have a vehicle on order, I can extend the lease until the new vehicle arrives at the same monthly payments.

Peter

I spoke with my sales manager yesterday and he said as long as I have a vehicle on order, I can extend the lease until the new vehicle arrives at the same monthly payments.

Peter
That’s nice! I didn’t order one, but had one on hold with the dealership, which I guess is not the same. I’m at my dealership right now and they were told that it might be October before they are able to sell the aviators. Not only that, but they’re not making a 2024 Aviator, so that means that they’ll be skipping a year when trying to figure out what your 2023 aviator is and that will make it a year older when trying to resell or turn in.

That’s nice! I didn’t order one, but had one on hold with the dealership, which I guess is not the same. I’m at my dealership right now and they were told that it might be October before they are able to sell the aviators. Not only that, but they’re not making a 2024 Aviator, so that means that they’ll be skipping a year when trying to figure out what your 2023 aviator is and that will make it a year older when trying to resell or turn in.
I lease my vehicles so the residual value is predetermined and written in the contract. Had not heard that they are not building a 2024 especially when there have been pictures and articles of it. 2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Unofficially Revealed In New Spy Photos My current lease on the 2020 Aviator is up on Oct. 31st.

Peter

I lease my vehicles so the residual value is predetermined and written in the contract. Had not heard that they are not building a 2024 especially when there have been pictures and articles of it. 2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Unofficially Revealed In New Spy Photos My current lease on the 2020 Aviator is up on Oct. 31st.

Peter
I don’t drive much, so I always have equity on my leases. I purchased my lease today and then sold it to the dealership and made almost $4,000. They gave me a really good deal on a navigator and I just took it. Lincoln is the one that told me that they were not making 2024 Aviators when I asked them about ordering one. They said I would have to wait until the open up orders for the 2025’s.
Hopefully they can get this mess figured out and you can get your Aviator soon!

As far as equity goes, I'm in the same boat. I've had my 2020 Aviator for almost 33 months and have 6,960 miles on it. Because of that the dealer always gives me a very good deal on the next lease. My previous 2017 Explorer Platinum was on a 4 year lease but the sales manager said he would take it back, pay off the remaining year of the lease and get me into the Aviator and they did at a very good price. The Explorer had 7,400 miles on it. Returning it instead of buy and trade and getting a new lease would save me almost $4,800 in sales tax plus admin fees. A dealer isn't going to lose money either way. ;) The 2023 will be my 5th lease from this dealership.

Peter

Just a small update from my end; according to my dealer’s contact at Ford the fix is expected to be applied in August and my car is supposed to arrive mid Sept. It seems that a few folks on the st forums are getting feedback from their dealerships as well, some with dates as soon as next week for parts … whether this will come to fruition is anyone’s guess, but I will be hopeful,

I received an email from the Lincoln service manager today informing me that the anticipated ETA of my 2023 Reserve is now September 19th. Ordered on October 31st.

Peter

I received an email from the Lincoln service manager today informing me that the anticipated ETA of my 2023 Reserve is now September 19th. Ordered on October 31st.

Peter
Could it be … that we will get lucky? :eek:

I don’t know if we should hold an Ontario cars and coffee or just hold a group get together at the bar via Uber to celebrate…

Was given a new ETA today. Moved from June 12th to July 22nd. This now has the possibility of impacting the cost of my new lease if it doesn't arrive by then. The dealer only has until July 31st to buy my current leased vehicle from Ford/Lincoln otherwise it has to be returned to the manufacturer.:mad:

Peter
i ordered avaiator in January and it is September and no word from ford if they will ever ship it. Did you receive your Lincoln yet?

i ordered avaiator in January and it is September and no word from ford if they will ever ship it. Did you receive your Lincoln yet?
There is currently a hold on shipping and sales of the vehicles that are subject to the recall. YourAviator will be shipped once the new camera and associated software have been installed at the factory. My Aviator ordered on Oct. 31st is still sitting in Chicago.

Peter

No cars have shipped yet despite the September ETA, mine was 12-19. The camera fix was approved on August 25th and involves a new rear camera and updated software. Magna will ship out parts whenever they do, and no idea on how soon they will be installed or cars shipped out yet. Ford is probably going to start updating shipping dates in the coming weeks once their placeholder mid-September week passes.

No cars have shipped yet despite the September ETA, mine was 12-19. The camera fix was approved on August 25th and involves a new rear camera and updated software. Magna will ship out parts whenever they do, and no idea on how soon they will be installed or cars shipped out yet. Ford is probably going to start updating shipping dates in the coming weeks once their placeholder mid-September week passes.
I called my salesman after the 8/25 update and my build date has updated to 10/23/23. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 12.22.43 AM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I've posted in a different thread, Magna is the company that is feverishly producing the new cameras. The cameras and associated software are currently being installed in over 5000 Aviators sitting in Chicago. The installations began a couple of days ago and the cameras are being replaced at a rate of 800 per week. I don't have any info regarding the Explorer. Once the thousands of vehicles sitting in Chicago have been updated, the new batch of cameras will be shipped to the dealers.

Peter

Back