2wd leaning forward?

DarkFox1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Augusta Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mountaineer
hey, as I was walking to my truck today on my way out of campus, a '98 or above 2wd v6 explorer was parked next to me, as I got closer to the vehicles, I noticed that the rear of my vehicle sat higher than its, but its front end sat higher than mine, making mine seem to lean forward. I've noticed this once before, but beleived it was because the other explorer was a 4wd.. but this one wasn't, I checked the interior, no switch of any kind.

has anyone ever heard of such a thing? do you suppose my grille guard may have anything to do with it? I did not think about this at the time of purchace.

Is there a difference in the '97 suspension that may do this?

and finally, if it really is leaning forward, how can I fix it? it looked silly sitting there like that :(

thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe the 98 and ups have more rear end sag than the older ones, least thats how it looks aorund here, they look horrible. I seriously doubt the brushguard would have that much affect, because it cant weigh that much. Twist the torsion bars a little to level it out. Parked next to my aunts 95 Eddie B, the hood on hers is taller, as well as the rest, but she's got 16 inch tires and ours has air suspension, so it sits lower. It might have had bigger tires than you did.

well from the looks of the interior, this appeared to be a woman's truck.. and to be sexist for just a moment, I seriously doubt most women would go out of their way to put bigger tires on..

I talked to my folks about it, my dad tried to tell me it was done like a truck, for load levelling, but that doesn't make sense, what can you fit in an suv that weighs that much? espcially the "luxury" mountaineer.

I'll hafta keep finding other explorers and parking next to them, even if I am leaning forward, IMO, the accessories and mods on mine show some of them up ;) heh, alittle ego trip there, I need to do that every once in a while

By bigger tires I meant like the 16 inch ones. Your just like me, checkin out everyone elses rides, comparing, contrasting, tryin to see what kind of person drives it....

Course, that person might have had a load of something in the back that made it sag? But it could just be the infamous rear end sag.

dunno, didn't look in the rear.. the '98 and up privacy glass is too dark.

yea, I know every ride of the people in my classes, I watch them... I guess I'm a car nut, I can identify the year make and model of some vehicles just by looking at their headlights in my rearview, it freaks some people out when I do that :p

I LOVE to see other peoples rides.... infact, the first time I found this place was looking for picturs of modified explorers, I didn't relize there was a forum here for about a year later tho :p

Yeah, yeah, I hear that. I can automatically identify a vehicle just by looking at it from any angle. I mean 98's and up that is ;)

Back