• Register Today It's free!

Leaning

Jayo0

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I own a 92 XLT and it leans to the drivers side. is this normal? Is it harmfull. I've also seen in others around this area that lean too. It's not real bad, but a tiny bit noticable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just tell me... do you have a full tank of gas? It is common for a nice full tank of gas to pull the driver's side down a bit.

no, its there regardless if its full of if its quater tank. it dosent stick out like a sore thumb, but i can notice it

is it in the front or the back? or just the whole side of the vehicle? check your coil springs, leaf springs and shocks.

I thought this was common with or without a full tank of gas...For 2 reasons.

#1 there is always someone driving, so that side always has weight on it.
#2 Usually there is gas in there and gas is like what 7 lbs a gallon or something.

So there is always atleast 200 lbs on the driver side of my car at all times, can be up to like what 300 or something.

Now just think about that you say yours is a 92 or 93, so like 10 years worth of that, and the time that the car is just sitting there with gas in it, there is always some weight on the drivers side.

Maybe I'm wrong?

From what I've heard, the springs on that side tend to sag after all that time because of what Klowns just said.. Depending on how much sag there is, you could try an Add-a-leaf, or if you just have the money and desire, new springs.. You might even try swapping the left and right rear springs to see if that'd help

so they are just, for lack of a better word, tired? thats cool, as long as it doenst hurt it or anything. as you can probably tell, im not to automotive literate. but there are plans that i have to put on a 4 in suspension lift and 2 in body with some 33's under it. but thats a little bit in the future right now

Yeah, they get worn out over time.. How much sag is there? If it's not much, then it shouldn't be a problem... But I'd think if it was alot, then something would be affected.. But I don't know for sure

Swapping the springs will help that situation, as well as a add a leaf. Won't hurt anything, just make you see the world thru the winshield a little crooked.:confused:

Back