• Register Today It's free!

3" body lift 2001 ST 2WD Manual

sport trac jr.

Reaction score
City, State
P
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
I need to replace the body mounts. I was going to do a 3" body lift if I have to go their.
On 2001 2WD manual trans.

Questions:
1. Do I need to lower the radiator?
2. Any brake line stuff move...
3. Gas tank tube feed
4.Air filter on fire wall?
5. Steering ext. needed???

Any 3" body lift tips??

Or any question Im not asking, like remove fuse on air bag while doing this...3" inch lift...

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to replace the body mounts. I was going to do a 3" body lift if I have to go their.
On 2001 2WD manual trans.

Questions:
1. Do I need to lower the radiator?
2. Any brake line stuff move...
3. Gas tank tube feed
4.Air filter on fire wall?
5. Steering ext. needed???

Any 3" body lift tips??

Or any question Im not asking, like remove fuse on air bag while doing this...3" inch lift...

thanks
1598477470142.png

Key word Kevlar Bushing

2001-2005 Ford SportTrac 2wd/4wd - Polyurethane Body Mounts w/ Kevlar (Bushings Only) Daystar

kf04015kv_one.jpg

Kevlar Infused Bushings
This is Daystar's KF04015KV, a Kevlar-infused set of polyurethane body mount bushings for the 2001 - 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Track 2- and 4-wheel drive. Polyurethane is much more durable than rubber. Resistant to both physical wear and road contaminants, it'll take much more to damage these body mounts. The kevlar infusion is intended to combat one of the most prevalent complaints against polyurethane: the NVH. It's no secret that polyurethane is firmer than rubber. This firmness increases the amount of road noise and vibrations transferred to the cab. With Daystar's innovative kevlar infusion these bushings strike a careful balance between high durability and a quieter

Finally, if that wasn't enough, Daystar covers all of their products with a lifetime warranty handled in-house right here at DST.

I was reading on the net the new poly body mounts were hard and transfer noise from the road and
more....some posted they were so hard took then out next day and bought the OEMs cost out the ass...
the polys were so hard????

Anyone up on this and now Daystar has the above post kevlar body kits,,, suppose to be more
ride friendly.......seems to me the poly body kits are hard ride...anyone up on this....

thanks................

Now I know why the factor body mounts crumble...they are rubber poly foam....and thats why their is
less noise and why they come apart...also and the OEM Ford cost out the ass...or any other auto manufacturer OEM.

The stock ford mounts are a polyurethane foam. This works well to absorb high frequency road noise. Unfortunately the stock mounts have a limited life. This is why I am only giving Prothane a four star rating. I just wish they did a little more engineering (like mold hollow chambers into the mounts) so that they better absorb the road noise. But I can't complain too much since they did provide a reasonable solution to this common explorer issue

It looks like Im going to replace the stock ST body mounts with the Daystar Kevlar and do a 1.5 inch lift
for 50.00 . Since the stock mounts have to be replaced, while Im doing that doing a 1.5 inch lift
added with out getting into all the 3" lift stuff....1.5 inch no real mods on bumper move all lines
etc.....

Also if anyone knows might change the 16" rims to stock 17" rims.....will that work in 2001 ST???
thanks..

Back