• Register Today It's free!

302/351 heads

scotiascrapiron

Reaction score
City, State
estill s.c.
Year, Model & Trim Level
bronco ll 86
i'm just starting a build up project on a 78 302 that will eventually end up in a 86 b2. the project is going to be on a relatively tight budget. would it be better to have my heads ported and polished or should i spring for aftermarket heads.would there be a big difference in power.another question,will egr heads work with a non egr intake. any advice would be appreciated

duh, i have access to a set of 351 heads please pro/con bolting these to my 302 after theyre port/polished

duh, i have access to a set of 351 heads please pro/con bolting these to my 302 after theyre port/polished[/QUOTE

The 351 heads are taller. This will make a tight fit even tighter. If it was me I would go with after market heads. If you want them for low end torque order that kind. That's what I did. If you go with aluminum heads you will loose about 50# off the front axel and also lower the COG. Having someone port and polish that does not know what there doing for a particular application can cause you to lose power at a certain power band. Is this street/trail or what? Also polising and to what degree polishing you have done can create other problems. Like gas puddling up behind the intake valve during low acceleration. I would spend your money elsewhere other then P&P. Just my 2cents.

Back