31X10.5 + Eagle 589's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31X10.5 + Eagle 589's

I was wondering if anyone was using the 31x10.5 BFG All terrain T/As mounted on the 15x8 eagle 589?
Will the tire stick out? Im mainly concerned about stuff flinging up and im not to happy about putting fender flares on if i dont have to.
any help is appreciated. Also, anyone with this setup could ya please post pics? thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am pretty sure you can get the 589's with proper backspacing, you want at least 4" of backspacing to minimize the tires sticking out. The M/T Classic II's only come in 3.5" of backspacing so they stick out pretty good.

will 4" stick out at all?

Well, that is probably more of opinion than anything. My 235/75's stuck out alittle in the front and you are going to a larger/wider tire, it is going to stick out a little, maybe an inch. Plus, you can always just throw some mud flaps on there if you are concerned about your paint getting chipped from rocks.
Your best option is to find a tire shop that will let you test fit tires and wheels and see for yourself.

out of curiosity,
could you grind the wheel to increase backspacing slightly, like a quarter inch, or would this weaken the wheel too much?

I have them and live in san diego. Do not have pics, but in my opinion they do not stick out too much. I also have stock sport fender flares. I have TT and leaf pack.
Abou to try b rated bars, add a leaf, and 32's

hey there, i have the eagle 589's with 31x10.50 15 goodyear at/s. they do stick out, but i like it, makes it look kinda tough. but i have never had any problems with stuff getting thrown up, unless i am in the mud. i have been very satisfied with the rims and tires. by the way, the tires dont rub at all, i have the TT in the front and air shock in the back. good look

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

hope these work!!??!!

Back