• Register Today It's free!

3rd rear shock

johnt650

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 explorer
Sorry to be so ignorant but my '97 Exolorer has a shock absorber that is attached at the rear differential in addition to the normal rear wheeel shocks. This looks like it was designed to stabilize the rear. Can anyone tell me how to find a replacement for this shock, it doesn't seem to be listed under regular suspension parts?

Thanks,
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just pull it off and ditch it. many people on here have. you won't notice a difference. the sports didn't come with one. i have seen them listed before under shocks as a stabilizer shock.

3rd shock

Thanks for the info.

John

My thread on this subject.

372697_23_full.jpg

Note: Don't let Hartman see this thread. He gets annoyed when he sees a thread on this. :D

i went to ford and asked them if they sold it and at first they told me there was no suck thing and i looked at the guy and said come here. So i showed him and so he got the cad. numbers and found a replacement for 80 dollors. so its out there but sometimes ford doesn't even know about it...lol...laterz

adam

If I got a nickel for every one of these threads......

Sure, Ford will sell you a new one for $80! Even though it does absolutely nothing.

Back