3rd row access | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd row access

imanony

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Folks, question on the button on the second row seats for 3rd row access. is the second row captain chair supposed to tilt and slide forward automatically after pressing that button or just tilt? Mine only tilts and does not automatically slide forward. i have to manually do it. So wondering if mine has defect or this is expected behavior.
Also after pressing it again is it supposed to go back to its original position automatically or that part is also manual?

EA79C93D-CAB2-4962-A97E-1CD1C0691920.jpeg

7107488C-285A-45BD-91DE-3279BE1CCD83.jpeg

1EF4E41E-8BC6-4E92-82D7-2668BE2523A8.jpeg

Looks like there is a manual version but if you have a button it’s supposed to slide. Mine flips and releases and makes some noise but doesn’t really move forward on its own. It does slide easily though. Not sure I’m going to worry about it as my third row will be rarely used for passengers. Would like to hear others’ experience.

According to the manual it does not return by pushing the button.

My Limited does not slide automatically. The button leans the back forward and releases the lock. Then I pull it forward to access the 3rd row. Honestly most of the time my kids walk in between them instead. I will also add that the mechanism/operation vs the 19 is much improved, the old fold and tumble was nearly impossible for the kids to operate.

Mine do not move forward either but they are supposed to. Even watching the media reviews, when they push the button, they pop and roll forward on their own. I'm wondering if the spring mechanism is no good or if it is because I have them adjusted back more (so my kids feet don't kick the back of our front seats).

Back