• Register Today It's free!

3rd row bench seats

gibsonsrock80

Reaction score
City, State
Tooele, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, Explorer sport
I have a 2016 Sport with the power 3rd row bench seats. My bench is damaged and needs replaced. My question is, can I install a manual 3rd row bench in the sport even though it currently has powered? I would rather manual seats. I have called Ford and either can never get through or the parts department has no idea.
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
It is doubtful that your dealership will have the answer since they are not in the modification business.
There is a thread on removing the 3rd-row seats. Since the way the 3rd-row seats are mounted, they also act to maintain the structural integrity of the vehicle, they had to install an X brace. I'm guessing that it would just be a matter of removing the damaged seats and replacing them without the items required to power them. As I said, it's just a guess.
If you want to check the thread, here is the link; Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace

Peter

Yes, one way or another it should be a bolt on replacement. I would take yours out, notice the mounting/hardware, then head over to a junkyard with a manual seat you'd consider (in good condition) and take all hardware needed along with it. I couldn't tell you if there's some fault set by disconnecting the control module, if it's on the data bus. You can check ahead of time by unplugging it.

Back