3rd row latch assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd row latch assembly

reekyta

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mountaineer Luxury
The motors on my 3rd row seats make sounds when the power button is pushed, but the seats don't move. I was told that I'll need a new latch assembly. After searching for latch assembly I only see them for the left hand side. Is there one for the right hand side? Or is there only one latch assembly to operate both seats on the left and the right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would swap them to manual seats. The motorized ones are a joke. They break even if unused.

I would swap them to manual seats. The motorized ones are a joke. They break even if unused.

Do you know how expensive that might be to have done? Can any mechanic do it?

Do you know how expensive that might be to have done? Can any mechanic do it?
Do a search on this forum - it has been done before.

from what I could see when I tried to take the 2 matching 3rd row seats when I bought all the other seats so I could have leather $90 for all 1st and 2nd rows is that the seats were stuck in the down location and I couldn't access the final bolts this is when I noticed the motors were shot... was going to strip the seats down and swap the covers but still couldn't get them to go up so gave up.... some day Ill find the basic tan on tan leather manual 3rd row

Back