• Register Today It's free!

4.0 Vac Lines

94Murph

Reaction score
City, State
Largo,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie Bauer
The wife is driving the Explorer now, only a couple of days a week, made the move to a Expedition. Anyways, she brings it home the other day and says somethings wrong, it wont go!! After looking around I find the on the back center of the motor the vac lines are off on the tee fitting. Put them back on and everything was fine.
Now they popped off again the other day. Its the two vac lines the go somewhere?? that are rubber ended boots with a plastic line. The boots are swelled up so much any movement of the motor while starting and they will come off. Can you replace just the boots?? (if thats the proper term for them)
Since I am taking it in tomorrow for radius arm bushings and alignment, I dont feel like paying them for something that I could do easily myself.
Thanks, 94Murph

This may be a sign that the vacuum modulator on the transmission is leaking fluid. Lok for signs of fluid. Have you had to add any recently to transmission?

Man that was quick, well I did have the transmission "flushed" not to long ago. Have not added any to it since but I did notice fluid on the boots, either oil or transmission fluid I dont know, it was just slick.
Marty

Good call Opera House, exactly what the dealer said (and you said first) $340.00 later, all is fixed, for the transmission.
Marty

Back