4" lift from rear leaf springs??? (97 X) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" lift from rear leaf springs??? (97 X)

sean4385

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Im trying to lift my 97 sport as much as possible for as cheap as possible.....so i heard add a leafs and shackles in the back with a torsion twist in the front was the way to go, after reading lots of threads on this site.

So i went to Truckperformance.com to try and find the add a leaf and shackles parts to order. I found the add-a-leafs for my year, but it says it doesnt fit models with mono-leaf suspension. So when i tried to search for shackles all i found was a 4" rear lift spring by Superlift.

Whats the deal with those...i havnt heard anyone mention them so far on this site....Are they Unsafe or something? do they fit the models with mono-leafs (2 door)? cause the regular add-a-leafs i found says it doesnt.

If these wont work does anyone else know a way i can lift my '97 sport?? so far every idea is being shut down....and i continue to get stuck in mud every time i offroad :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best thing to do is to swap out the monoleafs for a leaf pack from a 4dr. this alone will reduce some of the sag and then you can go and add AALs and shackles. I have 4dr leaf packs, AALs and shackles in my 97 but i maybe be swappping them out for some stock springs and shackles if i go spring over. You can also adapt a body lift from a 93-97 ranger. I have a torsion twist, shackles, AALs and a BL and im running 33s, but hopefully by tomorrow ill have the 35s on. :) Also try using the search feature on the board you'll come up with alot of info. I see your from hopewell a group of us are going to the All Ford Nationals in carlisle and then up to paragon for a day of wheeling. here's the thread with all the info. Dead Link Removed

I have a mono with a AAL and SOA. The combo works great. Back is still a little higher than the front, and flex is awesome.

really? you get good flex with monoleafs? I still have a set and was half thinking of going soa with them. how good do they flex? i cant imagine it would be as well as a leaf pack.

I will try to get a flex shot real soon. I think you will be suprised.

how much lift do you think you get with the monoleafs? I'm thinking and hoping if i take out the blocks ill get ~4" of lift maybe but that could just be wishful thinking. Yeah i cant wait to see some flex shots.

Back