Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Dracut, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
Rear Leaf Springs.....
Or should I say Rear Leaf Spring.

My Questions is, are all leaf springs interchangeable on the Explorers? I have a 97 Sport with the Mono Leaf.
This past weekend, I notcied it was in the shape of an "S" and that was on level pavement. So if they are interchangeable, then I will be looking for someone that wants to part with their leaf spring. All I know is I have to get rid of this Mono leaf Crap!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's someone that is selling his springs.

Dead Link Removed

Thanks Ray,
But im still wondering if the 4 door springs will work on a 2 door? Does anybody know??????

Yes it will! the springs i used for my lift were meant for the 4 door but it fit my 2 door. Others have swapped their monoleafs and fit spring packs for the 4 door.

will the ones from a 91 fit a 95 & up?

Yes. I believe the rear leaf springs are the same from 90-2000.

Yes they will work. i guarantee it. :) it was a fun upgrade. i got used ones from a 97 XLT.

why do you say it was a fun upgrade?

well i just learned a lesson on how much force is on the spring. when i popped the bolt out the spring shot down on my finger. the more jacks you have the easier it is. but it really wasnt a hard job at all.

so I will need more then a hi-lift if I go to a scrap yard and try to pull them off a junk truck?

i used a screw jack under the spring to realease the tension. a floor jack was used under the pumpkin and the ford bottle jack under the shock mount.

Back