4" superlift and a TT w/add a leaf? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" superlift and a TT w/add a leaf?

XXXplorer_nc

Reaction score
City, State
Hendersonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Sport
I soon will have the $$$$ for the superlift, mags and tires....but heres the question....

If the 4" superlift is installed, is it possible to do a TT and add a leaf of something for the rear to get the 4" plus another 1-1.5 inchs from the TT? What would you do to the rear to get the height from it? Custom shackles? Add-a-leaf? Would it even be worth trying anything with the 4" lift? It would be great to just have it all done at once to make getting the right tire size, instead of buying a set of tires and then haveing to get another bigger set....Any feedback would be great!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes you can still do the TT to the front for up to 2 additional inches

For the rear get warrior Shackles WAR-153 is the part number. 4 wheel parts and desertrat carry them but you have to call and ask for them.

I wouldn't go more than 1" with the TT if you are installing the 4" Superlift. I have a 2" TT and don't care for the CV angles. Nothing has worn out yet, but with the Superlift your CVs will be at stock angles which is a good thing! The 1"TT will firm up the ride...stock is too mushy in my opinion.

I would do a 2 or 3" body lift with the Superlift and a 1"TT with Warrior Shackles. I already have the shackles and 3" body lift...but just a BL and the Superlift would look killer!

The TT is a nice, cheap way to get some lift, but the CV angles leave a little to be desired...you are doing it the right way with the Superlift. When you are done post some pics!

If you are doing the Superlift and want more than 4" you can do a SOA in the rear and TT for an extra inch in the front. Here are two threads about this:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Ok, I hate to sound stupid....but what is a SOA? Its just not ringing any bells right now. I really dont know about getting a body lift right now...I have heard they are a real pain in the a*s!! But it is a possiblity....but 5" is not a bad start either...lol

S = Spring
O = Over
A = Axle

Ok....so I can either do a SOA or a shakle to raise the rear right? Cause I think longer shakles would be a little easier than a SOA ...LOL

do the soa.... shackles will only get you an inch or 2 of lift.... not enough to equal the 5" of lift from the SL and the TT...... the other way to lift the rear that much is a 4" lifted spring pack with longer shackles/add a leaf......

Back