4wd light flashing

Four0Sport

Jack from JackOffRoad
Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 2dr
My sisters 96 4wd has the 'auto 4wd' feature on the dash. i personally have never driven an explorer with this kind of 4wd, i went from my 93 straight to awd on my 97. i did however, when we first purchased the truck, turn it to 4wd auto and pulled a couple small hills around my house to make sure the front wheel were activated and it went well. the past few days we've seen some snow and i told her to just turn it to 4wd auto when she drives to work. last night she asks 'is the 4wd and 4wd low lights spose to flash when im driving?' i didnt know what to tell her bc i in fact dont know for sure. any explanation as to why these lights would flash, when i had it in 4wd the 4wd light stayed on in the dash. any help is appreciated.

if the 4wd light is flashing it means there is a problem somewhere in the 4wd system...i remember reading it in the manual lol...

yea check the codes my did that and it was my motor and the connecter under the seat. Get it fixed as soon as possible my friend waited on his and it ended up costing him alot more money

Back