• Register Today It's free!

4wd lights flashing

lkaylor

Reaction score
City, State
longmont, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 xlt 4d
I am new to this forum and have a problem with my 1995 explorer. As soon as I start it the 4wd hi and lo lights start flahing. They flash 6 times and then stop for two minutes and flash again. I cannot put it in 4wd and the power windows do not work. Everything else seems to work. Does anyone know what the problem may be or how to diagnose it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fuse?

Thats what I originally thought but I pulled each fuse and checked them with my multi-meter. I even pulled the relays that said they were for the power windows and they checked out in their unpowered position. I did not know how to power them so I did not check them in their powered condition. I thought about just replacing them but I don't like to take wild shots at the problem. Thanks for the response.

lights flashing is one problem... maybe related but the windows problems is another. Attack each separately unless you know for sure that they are related. Do all you windows not work from any controls? from the master control?

I don't know for sure that the problems are related but I have read some postings that make me think they are. They both occurred at the exact same time. I cannot control any windows from any of the controls or the master controller. Thanks

You are probably right... based on the "extra info", your problem lies with your accessory delay relay not pulling up. You need to check it and / or the "control line" going to it.

I replaced the relay, $4.99 at autozone and now everything is working great. Thanks for the help!

Back