It's HER truck
Reaction score
City, State
Arvoinia, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT, 4.6L
Callsign
KA3NXN
I need a replacement 4x4 module for my 2002 Explorer with a 4.6L engine. My existing module that is shot has a part number of 1L24-7H473-AG. It also says 4X4CM in big letters on it. I have found several others for sale that the last digits of the part number end in AJ or AK or even some part numbers that are totally different but are for the same model year, like PN, 2C54-7H473-BF, but the all have 4X4CM on them like mine. Will any of these work for my truck, or do I have to get the exact model number of the one I have?

Jaime

I need a replacement 4x4 module for my 2002 Explorer with a 4.6L engine. My existing module that is shot has a part number of 1L24-7H473-AG. It also says 4X4CM in big letters on it. I have found several others for sale that the last digits of the part number end in AJ or AK or even some part numbers that are totally different but are for the same model year, like PN, 2C54-7H473-BF, but the all have 4X4CM on them like mine. Will any of these work for my truck, or do I have to get the exact model number of the one I have?

Jaime
Try calling a Ford Parts man. With luck, he will help you without touting his facility.

02-05 they are all very similar, this is called the "motorolla box"
Dont let the part numbers fool you those othe boxes will work
02-05 Fords with ESOF t case all had the motorolla box...rangers, expeditions, Explorers, F150..........same same

02-05 they are all very similar, this is called the "motorolla box"
Dont let the part numbers fool you those othe boxes will work
02-05 Fords with ESOF t case all had the motorolla box...rangers, expeditions, Explorers, F150..........same same
There is NO 4X4 Module on my 2004 Ex. Only two individual relays mounted on the right fender inner apron, near the firewall. The Module has been incorporated into the PCM. When this change was incorporated, I can't say.

Back